• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse or Shed??

bellabunny

New Kit
Basically as the title says, I don't know whether to get a 8x6 shed or a larger playhouse been looking at the mad lollipop type playhouse. I know the shed will give more space but it only has one window that can't be opened (what i can find in my price range). where the playhouse has a staple type door which i will do a mesh interior door so can be opened for better ventilation and has more windows which i can add levels so my bunny can sit and watch the world go by if she likes.
Any advice on what to choose or pics of your shed/ playhouse set ups will be great, I need to decide asap on what to go for. Obviously my bunny will also have a run added i have a 4x4 and a 6x4 and a 8x4 aswell.
thanks in advance :)

The playhouses do come in larger sizes too, they look like an attractive bunny home. You can always customise a shed, add windows etc

Personally I'd go shed. I used to have a playhouse for my frenchies, but the height issue I found a right pain when it came to cleaning out....even worse when the weather was dodgy too!

I vote shed :thumb: :D

Personally I'd go shed. I used to have a playhouse for my frenchies, but the height issue I found a right pain when it came to cleaning out....even worse when the weather was dodgy too!

I vote shed :thumb: :D

This is what I've always imagined.

Playhouses look nice but all the cleaning is on your knees whereas you can stand up in a shed and bend down to do bits of cleaning. You may be young and not bothered about the bending! Or you could keep the window out of the 8 x 6 and put mesh in although there are some 8 x 6 sheds which have 3 windows.

I prefer the (small) playhouse but I'm only 5'0" :) I hate bending and doing a 4' square space is easy even for little old me! If you've the space, I would certainly go shed. Yo can jury-rig more windows if you want, for example! You just get more for your money I think.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I went ahead and bought the shed just made the most sense in the end. Can't wait for it to arrive now to get the project on the way :)
Would still love to see some pics of set ups or some ideas of what too have or add to shed.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I went ahead and bought the shed just made the most sense in the end. Can't wait for it to arrive now to get the project on the way :)
Would still love to see some pics of set ups or some ideas of what too have or add to shed.
Do you mind if I ask where you bought your shed from? I really want one for my two but I can never pin one down that I want! (Because I want to spend more than I have lol)

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm the same lol :) I've been planning a shed / aviary project for months and still can't decide what to get. There's so many to choose from!

Good luck deciding x

Back