• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit shed flooring

Graciee

Staff member

Would this kinda thing be good? I was gunna do lino but now Idk Clementine doesn't like slippy but Willoughby is a chewer so Idk..

What's best bunny floor I can put down? Not worried about cost just want the right thing. Especially coz Clementine suffers with sore hocks

looks cosy to me but i've no idea. Are you planning on getting Willoughby & Clem together? ❤️

looks cosy to me but i've no idea. Are you planning on getting Willoughby & Clem together? ❤️
That's the plan, but tbh I don't have the time or skills, and I'm struggling to find someone who will :( so Idk. I'm just not around enough in the day anymore to supervise :(

That's the plan, but tbh I don't have the time or skills, and I'm struggling to find someone who will :( so Idk. I'm just not around enough in the day anymore to supervise :(
you've got the skills for sure but I agree you don't have the time.. Good luck in your search to find someone...i can understand why bonders are hard to come by though...must be the most stressful job in the world

That flooring looks good, I suppose the issue with rubber flooring is if it’s too spongy it will be easier to chew. I use rubber conveyer belt matting which is like stable matting, it is very hard wearing and difficult to cut. But I think you’d need extra cushioning for a bunny with sore hocks,

I use vinyl flooring in my shed, I picked a type that said it was slip resistant and safe for bathrooms. It's very textured so they don't slip around on it, but the texture does make it very hard to clean without a scrubbing brush. I've used vetbed and foam play mats in the past and they just get destroyed

I use vinyl flooring in my shed, I picked a type that said it was slip resistant and safe for bathrooms. It's very textured so they don't slip around on it, but the texture does make it very hard to clean without a scrubbing brush. I've used vetbed and foam play mats in the past and they just get destroyed
Ah I'll have a look at that thanks. What do you have underneath it?

Ah I'll have a look at that thanks. What do you have underneath it?
Just wood, it was nailed down to the shed floor before the sides went on so it's nice and secure and they can't chew the edges. I've just realised you said your rabbit has sore hocks, this obviously isn't very cushioned but it's also not rough/abrasive. I have soft bedding in their litter tray and a few untextured memory foam bath mats that they like laying on. They have chewed nearly everything else I've given them but I think because the mats aren't a crunchy material they hardly chew them and they aren't too deeply cushioned so they don't seem interested in digging at them either (which they have done with every other mat or bed I've ever given them)

I've got EVA stable mats on my floors - the permanent housing has thicker mats, the horsebox temporary accommodation has the thinner wall mats. The thicker ones are surprisingly soft and warm and non-slip, but not abrasive. Easy to sweep, a little trickier to mop as they have a slight texture but we usually soak with vinegar solution then scrub with a mop then airdry after a quick dry with a towel and they come up really clean.
I can send you the ebay link to the ones we have if you like.
Oh, and they're green, not black, which I love!! I think you can also get pink, blue and red...

I've got EVA stable mats on my floors - the permanent housing has thicker mats, the horsebox temporary accommodation has the thinner wall mats. The thicker ones are surprisingly soft and warm and non-slip, but not abrasive. Easy to sweep, a little trickier to mop as they have a slight texture but we usually soak with vinegar solution then scrub with a mop then airdry after a quick dry with a towel and they come up really clean.
I can send you the ebay link to the ones we have if you like.
Oh, and they're green, not black, which I love!! I think you can also get pink, blue and red...
Oo yea link please :)

These are the ones I have - ArkMat, if you have a look around you can find variations in colour, thickness, size and deals. They are not interlocking, they are 6x4ft sheets but they butt up against each other well and are easy to trim exactly to fit with a sharp knife, so there aren't many raw edges that entice nibbling. Not even the baby bunny has nibbled the floor itself, he has had a tiny nibble at an edge that is in the open (as his floor is temporary we've not fitted it exactly).

Pink ones!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26319646...0DVjkh3ekKdUoahdc52Dyj5w==|tkp:Bk9SR47inKe9Yw

These are the ones I have - ArkMat, if you have a look around you can find variations in colour, thickness, size and deals. They are not interlocking, they are 6x4ft sheets but they butt up against each other well and are easy to trim exactly to fit with a sharp knife, so there aren't many raw edges that entice nibbling. Not even the baby bunny has nibbled the floor itself, he has had a tiny nibble at an edge that is in the open (as his floor is temporary we've not fitted it exactly).

Pink ones!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263196467767?itmmeta=01HQN7764187QFXKFSBHHV8BJ3&hash=item3d47bb6237:g:pAEAAOSwN2VZTXhh&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA8Aw+93SZNQ7REF2eY41W9SZl64+r3tc7C9ToDL7Ii+RiymVSKusIDrH2yX6kI+7hLSNdsAymytgQs4PeHnK4X2fZyCrlYbIega9ryt6Z6ykTjdOCt2olGbLihcAAjuCq4xtZdtxdWUAu7awVuYxULdsWCsh8+/befAmHDjXwGgC+c7MgXRJLTQ8e0dcg4atCoeDn/iV36Hsp2leGJr3gFzbgKjt6N06r72GzeB6WgNSa0hIFf65B0i8g+P/vyXLSAkTGQ8Xum+U8OzZsm2hIWO5xoml/Z2/09mQTcoyi8h0DVjkh3ekKdUoahdc52Dyj5w==|tkp:Bk9SR47inKe9Yw
Oooo! I like both tbh, is the green ones more like the colour in the first 2 pics or the last one?

Are they easy to cut?

Oooo! I like both tbh, is the green ones more like the colour in the first 2 pics or the last one?

Are they easy to cut?
Sorry, been a busy week and just back to this - they are a nice darker grass green like the first two photos, not lime green like the last!! Very easy to cut, I just use a kitchen knife usually.

Back