• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*PICS P29 and 44* malteser has a wifey bun and they are home!

Neleh

Alpha Buck
Malteser had been looking through the patio window at Poppy and Mr Snowdrop. He smells a lady and is interested! She comes in for goodnight cuddles and he does bunny 500's around the lounge and dances around our feet!
He hadn't shown interest in Mr Snowdrop so we thought our attentions where enough, now though bunny is telling us he wants a wifey bun.

He is neutered, vaccinated and health checked, the vet says getting a friend will be fine!

So, with Malteser being a small Polish he is limited to girlfriend bunnies. Though rescues have told us size doesn't matter, for him, it does. Since recovering from EC his balance can be a bit off, a big bun could push him over easily when just being loving and if humped he wouldn't take the weight of a big bun. I doubt he would be able to mount so I'm not sure of his response to being mounted, he wasn't impressed when Mr Snowdrop got plums and he hadn't got ill then. He also has a 'tick' that when his ears are touched in a certain place he falls over and scratches his ear, looks like a fit but been assured that it isn't.
He will need a gentle girl to love him and clean his eyes and ears for him as he cannot do that for himself.
Trouble is we are limited to buns with Nethie, dwarf hotot or Polish, maybe even a small dwarf lop in them. Hubby has said he doesn't want a lionhead which is a pain as there are SO many about!! Malteser weighs 1.5 kilos so somebun near that weight will be perfect!

We need help! Originally I thought we would need a bun with some disability too but now I think a caring fully able girl will be best. They will be house buns as Malteser lost some muscle mass and needs a warm environment since being ill. Because Malteser is a house bun there is no neutral area for bonding so we need someone who can bond them too. Also, as bad as it sounds we can only take on the bun if they bond as we have no other living space and 4 buns is enough, if the don't bond and they both need pals then we'd have 6!! Cannot happen:shock:

I've looked on rabbit rehome and only got 2 buns in my search but they weren't suitable for the house due to their nature. I know other rescues are about but haven't got buns listed.

Anyone got any advice on what we should look for for him, or know of any rescues around about Cheshire, n wales, Merseyside, Manchester that might be able to help?

Last edited:
I don't know if you've tried Macclesfield rspca, they seem to have a lot of rabbits in. And although its outside the area you've said, BARC (barnsley animal rescue) always seem to have loads.

I don't know if you've tried Macclesfield rspca, they seem to have a lot of rabbits in. And although its outside the area you've said, BARC (barnsley animal rescue) always seem to have loads.

I have tried there, little bunny we hoped to get passed away on friday after her spay:cryl:. They have 2 other lovely bunnies but they are a little big. One I do have a soft spot for though;):love:

Barc is quite far and I do like one of their buns, I've made some enquiries about her. And they do have the most gorgeous bunnies I've seen! It is doable I just worry if they don't get on as we eould have to return her :cry:

Its just hard finding a single female that is also small and with a gentle nature too.

Thanks for replying with some help

Oh dear that was very sad. :cry: I wonder if you be able to try Malteser with the one you've got a soft spot for at Macclesfield rspca? I can't even begin to imagine what it's like looking for a partner for a bun.
I live near BARC and fell in love with one of their pairs but by the time I got my backside in to gear they had been reserved :cry: so I've just been to Macclesfield RSPCA because I fell in love with a pair they have there.:love: It was a long drive 90 mins! but subject to a home check hopefully it will be worth it. My husband thinks I'm mad to go all that way for rabbits :lol: I know BARC sometimes do bun runs though. And I will be going back to Macclesfield rspca fingers crossed for my buns so when I've got a date for that I could volunteer to do a bun run from BARC to Macclesfield RSPCA if they need anyone taking that way ;)

We had a trip out to see some bunnies today with some potential candidates. We saw the two we had met plus some new additions. As well as visiting another place a bit further away. I'm hopeful for one we met but I'm trying to distance myself more and not get attached until Malteser can choose for himself. Thank you for your help guys.:p

Thanks for asking. Been in touch with a few rescues, on a waiting list for one but we were a little put off as they wouldn't let us say hello to the buns andwe like to compare weight and size by touch to Malteser to see if they seem suitable. They don't let you but a reserve on one either. But that s our back up rescue
We have our eyes on the first macclesfied rspca bun to catch my eye for him. She is recovering from her spey very well so we are building them a new house and run as we wait. Hopefully she will be a good match! If not there may be a few more able to be rehomed very soon as alternatives.
We have seen a few about but the personality hasn't been what we think he will need, another was so cute but I feel my asthma will be triggered and as a house bun it could make me quite ill and I don't want to get them bonded to become ill and it would be horrid to rehome as I would loose a cutie and my baby!

Just hoping we can find somebun suitable. Im so scared of him getting injured hence I'm getting the rescue to bond them! To be fair we have no neutral space for bonding anyway.

Ooh, sounds like there's a few possibilities anyway. Sadly it seems like theres always loads of bunnies coming into rescues. It must be so difficult to choose one for him. At least if they do the bonding you won't get quite so attached to her if they don't fall in love!!

True. Our first matchmaking for Mr snowdrop in jan was so easy in every way. I've learned not to get attached and start imagining the bunnies together here since the other little bunny died. I'm still upset by it to be honest, life was cruel to her.

We will find somebun before long. Whatever will be will be :D

He was pining at the window again last night so I put a teddy elephant next to him. he nudged it hello, it fell over, and then he groomed it! Too cute bless him!
We have Lucy on reserve officially as of yesterday:D
When there is about 5 more days of build to go malteser will go to be bonded with Lucy :love:
We are thinking of chocolaty names like minstrel, buttons, mashmallow for her.:love:

We are dropping him off at love camp in the morning. I'm so scared! I hope he is a good boy and that she is a good girl and they rall in love with no scuffles just like our other two. We pick them up on monday, hopefully happy and in love

Excitement and fear rolled into one roght now:?

Ooh, exciting! Fingers crossed for a happy bonding! How's their under stairs pad coming on?

We have stopped due to not wanting neighbours to be disturbed!

First shelf is up and baton for the next is in place too. Having a headache right now, OH sometimes gets all stressy and overcomplicates matters so I'm hoping we can get it sorted tomorrow when we get back!

We bought a new litter tray, its actually a cupcake box but it was just right lol.

Thanks for bonding vibes, thet are working.
Malteser is submissive, Lucy is bossy hehe!
We have reports this eve that Malteser was recieving Lucy licks:love:

Back