• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos of my two new rabbits.

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
Here are some photos I took outside in the sun. The rabbits were very happy running and jumping about. i'll be off soon to buy some veg for them and some more rabbit food.

NXnD3t8

I did try to capture his white markings but he kept moving lol I've named him Lucky.

Pb10MjG

Lucky tries to eat the plant behind the glass.

DpxT0tU

I need a name for this one. She hasn't got a name at the moment.

She looked at me as if to say "how dare you take a photo of me" lol

1D2CVVN

SwlMrFu

4oLpIEv

Edit sorry photos never appeared. I will try again.

Last edited:
Really lovely bunnies :) I'd call her Loulou, but I'm sure you'll come up with a great name :)

They are very cute :love: How old are they :)

I was told there about 8 weeks old which sounds about right probably coming up to 9 weeks now. They are still very fragile but very cute. They are having a feast right now on a mixture of leafy greens and broccoli. They haven't touched the carrots tho.

I was told there about 8 weeks old which sounds about right probably coming up to 9 weeks now. They are still very fragile but very cute. They are having a feast right now on a mixture of leafy greens and broccoli. They haven't touched the carrots tho.

They look a bit older than 8 weeks. I would get a Vet to confirm their genders too. If you have a Buck and a Doe they will need to be separated at 12 weeks or the inevitable will happen. I would not be surprised if the Black Bunny is 10+ weeks already.

I expect you were given dietary advice from the person you obtained them from ? If they were not eating Veg when still with their Mum or if you don’t know it is best not to feed Veg til they get to 12+ weeks. By this stage the transition of the PH of the stomach should have occurred and a healthy balance of flora should have been established in the cecum, thus making GI tract upsets caused by new food types less likely to occur. I would avoid feeding carrots all together due to their high sugar content. Carrot tops are OK though :D

Are they vaccinated ? This is really important and they can be vaccinated from 5 weeks of age.

They look a bit older than 8 weeks. I would get a Vet to confirm their genders too. If you have a Buck and a Doe they will need to be separated at 12 weeks or the inevitable will happen. I would not be surprised if the Black Bunny is 10+ weeks already.

I expect you were given dietary advice from the person you obtained them from ? If they were not eating Veg when still with their Mum or if you don’t know it is best not to feed Veg til they get to 12+ weeks. By this stage the transition of the PH of the stomach should have occurred and a healthy balance of flora should have been established in the cecum, thus making GI tract upsets caused by new food types less likely to occur. I would avoid feeding carrots all together due to their high sugar content. Carrot tops are OK though :D

Are they vaccinated ? This is really important and they can be vaccinated from 5 weeks of age.

They may even be both female because I can't see any male parts. The guy who I got them from said the black one was male so at this stage I don't really know. They both appear to be female. In the past when I've breed baby rabbits they never felt as fragile as these do when they were 10 plus weeks old hence why I thought they might be younger. 10 plus weeks isn't far from 9 weeks. I would always be able to tell which were male or female after a certain stage so maybe the person got his info wrong, perhaps they are both female. Its been a good old while since I've had rabbits. There has been no humping either.

The rabbits haven't had there vaccines yet but are due there vaccines which I'm going to try get done during the week.

The person I got these rabbits from was very quiet and did not really say much I also wanted to see the mother but I was unable too so I don't know anything about the previous owner and I don't want to say to much just encase I'm wrong but to me something seemed a bit odd but I'm glad I rescued these two babies. I have taken into account there dietary info. I'll feed them on the pellets for now although they do like there cabbage lol.

They may even be both female because I can't see any male parts. The guy who I got them from said the black one was male so at this stage I don't really know. They both appear to be female. In the past when I've breed baby rabbits they never felt as fragile as these do when they were 10 plus weeks old hence why I thought they might be younger. 10 plus weeks isn't far from 9 weeks. I would always be able to tell which were male or female after a certain stage so maybe the person got his info wrong, perhaps they are both female. Its been a good old while since I've had rabbits. There has been no humping either.

The rabbits haven't had there vaccines yet but are due there vaccines which I'm going to try get done during the week.

The person I got these rabbits from was very quiet and did not really say much I also wanted to see the mother but I was unable too so I don't know anything about the previous owner and I don't want to say to much just encase I'm wrong but to me something seemed a bit odd but I'm glad I rescued these two babies. I have taken into account there dietary info. I'll feed them on the pellets for now although they do like there cabbage lol.

0YT3suP.jpg

IMclJV0.jpg

It is interesting that a lot of people don't bother with getting there rabbit vaccinated judging from all the ad's I've seen, very little have had there vaccines.

It is interesting that a lot of people don't bother with getting there rabbit vaccinated judging from all the ad's I've seen, very little have had there vaccines.

It usually comes down to either ignorance about the need for vaccination or an unwillingness to pay or them. Especially if the individual has multiple Rabbits.

There was a very nice bunny I came across which was house trained and neutered but no vaccines and I'm thinking the bunny is neutered but not vaccinated? You would think if a bunny has been neutered then surely it should be vaccinated too unless the vaccines are very expensive more expensive than having a bunny neutered? unless the rabbit isn't neutered and they are just trying to get rid of it.

Diet - hay / grass doesn't seem to have been mentioned much. It should form at least 80% of a rabbit's diet. Getting them into good hay-eating habits while young will be much better for their teeth and guts.

Vaccines - as they need doing every year, they may just not have had any boosters since they were neutered. It's unusual to see any on the rehoming websites that are either vaccinated or neutered, so you need to factor both in anyway. Many rabbits don't get vaccinated at all, or owners think that they don't need to if they are indoor pets. There is still a lot of education needed on rabbit care.

Neutering - rabbits from a good rescue will already be neutered if they are old enough (about 12 weeks for a boy, 6 months for a girl). Some places offer neutering vouchers (eg Pets at Home) for their adoption centre rabbits. So some of the rabbits will already have been through the system and may be up for rehoming again privately.

If you are getting very young rabbits, or ones of uncertain origin, you will need on keep an eye on them for signs that they are adolescent / entire and will then need to be neutered so that they continue to live together in harmony. All will need vaccinating in any case, so I would get that sorted as soon as you can. Your vet could also have a look at sexing them at the same time. It's also worth checking to see if any have been microchipped.

Looking forward to more bunny pictures.

Back