• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos!!! 5 Minute old babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are gorgeous :love::love::love: I love baby buns!

I worry about teh nest though as babies can easily wriggle out especially after a feed as they go looking for mum.

I agree making the bottom half darker for the babies and privacy for mum, when crystal had her babies my mum built a nesting box out of a plain cardboard box cutting the flaps off it then cutting out a door way for crystal to get in and out and babies were kept in darkness and away out of sight it was perfect :)

Wow! Wot a kick in the teeth for sharing

I cannot believe how absolutely SNOTTY and BIT**Y some of these posts have been...
Even the administrator had to warn CAUTION!

I came to this site Looking for Help NOT a ripping to shreds and sla++ing off.

How much nicer to say...
'Vee, Im a little worried. I think it would be a good idea if, ...it makes me rather sad to,... rather than to recieve this verbal lashing ...
That poor rabbit. I cannot begin to imagine how that poor rabbit must be feeling, she is pregant, you take her out of of her usual environement just as she is about to give birth, you put her in a small cage that isn't big enough for a guinea pig and as she desperately tries to build her nest because she is in labour, you grab a camera and film the whole lot. Sorry, but I think that is one of the most awful things I have ever read, and before everyone jumps on me for being negative etc etc, all I have done is point out the facts as stated by the owner

The rabbit hasn't even got a dark area for those poor babies

Actually the cage is reasonably good in my mind, not a mansion admittedly and not as big as she has outside, BUT She CAN stand on her back legs, she CAN lay out fully stretched and she CAN have a wander round the house when she feels like it. Compared to many hutches sold in pet shops I think I havn't done too bad for her really. And she wasnt out of her normal enviroment. She often comes in the house of an evening.

As to using a camera...Really??? Do you REALLY and HONESTLY think I sat there Clicking and Flashing away at her? The mentallity of some people is plain ridiculous... I made no noise and neither did the camera. I sat at a reasonable distance away curled up on the sofa, had the camera set on silent and later cropped in on the PC.

Did I know she can get pregnant again in a few hours? Actually, Yes I do.

Thank You SNOWBALL for actualy reading and understanding...

Thank You PIXIERABBIT for being so POLITE...

Thank You RIPMinnie for your nice way for offering advice...

You know, a part of me feels like slapping out like some of you have, but It's people who talk rudely and arrogantly like this online, that end up ruining things for everyone, Whatever happened to TREATING OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED???

I thought the whole idea of this site was to SUPPORT, HELP, GUIDE and SHARE etc....Do I feel any of those right now? NO. I feel very sad, dissapointed and quite honestly, rather hurt. :(

One final point - Dad is booked into the Vets on Thursday!

AND for those who are genuinely interested, Merlieah and babies are doing great, she is looking after them just perfectly. She is a cracking little mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back