• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petition to Retain the Nobivac MyxO Vaccine U/D 21/2- Reply From MSD AH P78

I'm just catching up with this - can someone tell me where it's actually been reported that the single dose vaccine will be removed as I can't seem to find anything on the web? Just want to be up to speed.

Petition signed

I'm just catching up with this - can someone tell me where it's actually been reported that the single dose vaccine will be removed as I can't seem to find anything on the web? Just want to be up to speed.

Petition signed

I got my Rabbiting On mag and there was an info sheet with it. It states that the new vaccine will be introuduced in the autumn time and the single vaccines will be withdrawn.

A post on a rabbit group on Facebook from someone has just reported "it was a condition of the licencing of the new drug that the old one was withdrawn."

Anyone in the know able to see if this is indeed the case?

I didn't realise they wre planning this - I think its quite irresponsible, I don't really know the ins and outs of why a rabbit wouldn't be able to have the VHD jab - Im guessing because of reactions to the jab, but there's probably more reasons why.
What happens if the myxi and vhd jabs aren't due at the same time??? Will we have to make one late or one early!? I dont like the idea of it at all, I'd feel happier konwing they were getting seperate jabs and that definitely they were covered for both. What happens if our rabbits react to this new vaccine, does that mean we can't vaccinate against myxi?!? Its too much of a worry - my rabbit was the one in however many thousand who reacted to her last myxi booster - we just have to hope and prey she's ok next time. Its such a worry, especially as myxi is in so many areas now :(
I will share on facebook too x

I didn't think they were going to get rid of the separate vaccine :( I have just had Rosie's first vacs done! She needs the seperate ones (from what I have heard) and the ones who react badly to VHD will have to find another way to stop their affected bunnies getting the VHD jab :( Oh dear I hope the petition goes through

Last edited:
Signed.

Have to admit, im really not overly keen on this whole situation and think its a step backwards.

ETA: Shared on FB.

Last edited:
A post on a rabbit group on Facebook from someone has just reported "it was a condition of the licencing of the new drug that the old one was withdrawn."

Anyone in the know able to see if this is indeed the case?

Would be interested to know more about this too.

Whilst I agree that it's too soon to withdraw the old type, not knowing how the population will react to the new jab, it is a bit worrying to see so many people (such as less frequent posters) getting anxious and being led to assume on the basis of board posts that the new vaccine is going to be bad for their rabbits.
It's something of an unknown quantity, yes, but not enough account is being taken of the way the vaccine is engineered or of other aspects of the science (which have been discussed in a few posts on the other thread but to some extent swamped by concern).

Yes, I think there should be a choice of types of vaccine for far longer than until the autumn.
This board is for a lot of people who aren't daily posters a periodic - and usually excellent - information souce about rabbit care. However on this occasion, I feel that there isn't sufficient open-mindedness or (unusually) attention to the scientific and medical aspects of the new vaccine to give a balanced view of it to those who may come and have a look occasionally when they want info on a new development - such as this - which they have heard about.

Back