• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pepper :(

Oh, Mike, how devastating... :cry: I'm so, so sorry little Pepper got sick again and that you had to say goodbye to him. You made the kindest decision for him, and I would've made it, too. He couldn't go on like this, needing surgery every time. He was such a cute little guy, and I know you'll miss him so much. I'm so sorry. :(

Dear Mike,

Seeing this post opened the floodgates and like others tears pour down my cheeks. My heart is saddened that you lost your special little Pepper. We will forever remember your videos of him enjoying your lovely garden.
You have sacrificed so much for him and given him the best of care, yet you are right that he cannot be sustained with surgeries.
It must be devastating to loose your little guy, and I hope you will eventually be able to accept that you have no reason to feel guilty. Hugs.

Oh no...I'm so very sorry, Mike. He was a lovely little bunny who just drew some bad cards when it came to his G.I. stuff and it's so very sad to read this post today. I'm heartbroken for you. :cry:

These little ones have the biggest presence, there's no doubt. Sometimes the smallest stars, leading tiny lives, burn the brightest.

Sleep well and sweet dreams, dear Pepper. You will be deeply missed. :cry:

Big hugs coming your way, Mike. xxxxx

Oh Mike, I am so very very sorry to hear about Pepper what a shock for you. I so liked the photos of Pepper and Tulip playing out in your garden. Sad sad news.

i'd forgotten how painful this is.
so grateful to be a part of this forum, where people understand.... the good times & the bad.

Oh I'm so sorry Mike.

You and Pepper went through so much together and he was such a character.

Big hugs x

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Rest in peace little buddy. Shine bright.

vaSwCpQ.jpg

t4OaiQO.jpg

thank you everyone for your kind words xxx

He was such a lovely bunny :love: I hope you and Tulip are doing ok xx

thank you, Zoobec.
i think Tulip is missing him. I wasn't sure that she would but she seems to be searching around for him somewhat.
i wasn't going to but i did let her see him briefly before i buried him but it was only for a minute or 2 as it's very hot here rn & i didn't want to let any flies be around his body. wish i'd given them more time.

i'm really not sure what to do about Tulip. She used to bully Pepper a teeny bit and i have real doubts about a successful bonding with another rabbit. Pepper used to run away but if another rabbit was even the tiniest bit more assertive i think there may be some terrible fights. it's very sad seeing her on her own though. i dunno, life is so s*** sometimes. 2021 has been such a bad year with so many RU bunny losses, you included :( it's so sad for everyone.

i did get a really nice card this morning from the vets with some nice words written in c/w a small pack of forget-me-not seeds. seems it's a new thing they send out to people who have lost a pet. I am going to take some flowers into the surgery next week for the vet that attended him. she was almost as upset as i was and she was very kind.

Last edited:
Pepper was so photogenic:love: Did his best buddy plant lots of carrot tops for him to munch,or is that another yummy treat in the first photo?

Tulip may just like to play chase and Pepper was smart enough to give her space. They always were a cute couple. Pepper was a lot like my late Gemini who was a sweet pacifist too.

Sending you and Tulip hugs.

thank you everyone for your kind words xxx

thank you, Zoobec.
i think Tulip is missing him. I wasn't sure that she would but she seems to be searching around for him somewhat.
i wasn't going to but i did let her see him briefly before i buried him but it was only for a minute or 2 as it's very hot here rn & i didn't want to let any flies be around his body. wish i'd given them more time.

i'm really not sure what to do about Tulip. She used to bully Pepper a teeny bit and i have real doubts about a successful bonding with another rabbit. Pepper used to run away but if another rabbit was even the tiniest bit more assertive i think there may be some terrible fights. it's very sad seeing her on her own though. i dunno, life is so s*** sometimes. 2021 has been such a bad year with so many RU bunny losses, you included :( it's so sad for everyone.

i did get a really nice card this morning from the vets with some nice words written in c/w a small pack of forget-me-not seeds. seems it's a new thing they send out to people who have lost a pet. I am going to take some flowers into the surgery next week for the vet that attended him. she was almost as upset as i was and she was very kind.

Your vets always sounded lovely, Mike and a card and pack of seeds is very thoughtful of them. Give Tulip a little nose rub from me, and sending you a hug xxx

Back