• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with french lops

I cant bring myself to just leave him out that one time as we are in rented accomodation. What the chance he will destroy something in the house

Why not get a puppy pen? He would have so much more room!! :)

I have a frenchie, she lives in an 8x6 shed with attached 8x12 run :)

The dogs crates are slightly wider but barely makes any difference. I had one but got rid of it for this reason. Plus the cage looks a lot better in the back room. Like I said I think I am going to invest in a load of NIC cubes and section of some of the room.

We had to purpose build a hutch for Doona and Humphrey. We have nicknamed it 'the bungalow'. It is on legs so that it is about 1ft off the floor but we built a little set of stairs so they can hop in and out during the day. It is approximately 6ft by 6ft by 4ft high. I can actually get inside it....;)
I am going to modify it to add a second tier when the weather gets dryer. They have free range of the garden all day.

Why don't you make a nic cube setup with something to protect the floor? If you search the forums there are some great pics about.

sorry forgetting annoyed but all i wanted was some ideas.

as their babies they live in our room and have the run of it with a cage for them to go in and out of for food and water etc! and they spend time outside too now and they have like what the hotel looks like (on the first page!)

i just wanted to see what others had as i am due some money and want to invest in a nice large run or something for them to live in.

Can anyone put up a link to an appropriate puppy pen. I would prefer something oblong rather than circular due to the size and shape of my rooms.
I have a childs travel cot i wonder if that will be big enough. I cant remember how big it is though.

most people use sheds or playhouses outdoors or dog crates indoors. dog crates are better because of the giants height, it enables them to periscope which a "normal" rabbit indoor cage wont. You can also add a shelf for them to hop up and down on. I would warn you though if you are thinking of pens, the 4 frenchies I know and love will jump well over 5ft so you may be better off completely bunny proofing a room for them

Having slept with bonding bunnies before i would say my bunnies tend to:

3am - 7:00am - very active
7:00 - 9:00 - slightly active
9:00 - 5:00 - snooze time, although they will get up if something interesting happens
5:00 - 7:00 - slightly active
7:00 - 11:00 second snooze time, watching eastenders etc - no idea why
11:00 - 3 am - slightly active

most people use sheds or playhouses outdoors or dog crates indoors. dog crates are better because of the giants height, it enables them to periscope which a "normal" rabbit indoor cage wont. You can also add a shelf for them to hop up and down on. I would warn you though if you are thinking of pens, the 4 frenchies I know and love will jump well over 5ft so you may be better off completely bunny proofing a room for them

Having slept with bonding bunnies before i would say my bunnies tend to:

3am - 7:00am - very active
7:00 - 9:00 - slightly active
9:00 - 5:00 - snooze time, although they will get up if something interesting happens
5:00 - 7:00 - slightly active
7:00 - 11:00 second snooze time, watching eastenders etc - no idea why
11:00 - 3 am - slightly active

Sounds like they're not a fan of the Enders!! :lol::lol: Should put Hollyoaks on, and see if they like it!! :lol:

Sounds like they're not a fan of the Enders!! :lol::lol: Should put Hollyoaks on, and see if they like it!! :lol:

:lol::lol: I think it is more of a "I had my dinner so now I'm going to sit in a nice cozy chair and watch a bit of tv" sort of snooze, what is actually on tv doesn't matter, they are currently enjoying lark rise to candleford, all except panda who is hiding under the sofa.

there are some 8 sided panel ones on ebay for £30 delivered i think i might get one of those. :D
Make it into a rectangle and get a cover for it mi thinks

Can anyone put up a link to an appropriate puppy pen. I would prefer something oblong rather than circular due to the size and shape of my rooms.
I have a childs travel cot i wonder if that will be big enough. I cant remember how big it is though.

Hi.dont know how to do link sorry but i got a great one form zooplus online ,really tall and it folds into whatever shape is best for you,Its eight 2ft panels and was about £35 delivered :)

This is one half of their room.They are free range in that room,cage door only closed when I hoover.
061220091233.jpg

I thought it was dawn and dusk that they were most lively (the name isn't coming to mind)....didn't think they're nocturnal though. Ted and Roobs snooze all night (with a little humping at some point)
Crepscapular-spelt totally wrong!Mine sleep afternoons & night & I know this by sleeping in same room.B is quite happy caged when needed as she is fairly lazy but Dill hates it & sits by door.I would be more upset about caging Dill as I know B doesn't care.She sleeps in there when door is open.:)

no its fine. Iv been planning an expansion for a while now. So you reckon a 36" one is best with the netting or shall i avoid the netting all together?

no its fine. Iv been planning an expansion for a while now. So you reckon a 36" one is best with the netting or shall i avoid the netting all together?

personally I wouldn't put netting on ,I'd worry about them getting caught up in it , my french lop /british giant cross has a 3 ft high puppy pen and she doesn't get out of it....3ft is the lowest I'd have with a bunny that size.

avoid netting all togto ether, you are likely to come home and find a tangled up bunny. My honey (normal lop) will clear 2ft, she just about stays in the 3ft ones. I'd say try the 3 ft ones for frenchies but be warned, you might come home to find one on the other side :) Chloe is having to create a special aviary enclosure for hers as they are now scaling her 6ft fence and can hop over the 5ft high stable door :) (although in both of those cases there is a tiny bit for them to jump on to, rather than having to hop all the way over which they seem less keen on.

Back