• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with french lops

I thought it was dawn and dusk that they were most lively (the name isn't coming to mind)....didn't think they're nocturnal though. Ted and Roobs snooze all night (with a little humping at some point)

Rabbits in the wild are deffinitely more active during the night.
I live in the middle of no where and say if I have to go down to the stables to do something the rabbits are EVERYWHERE!

Yuki putters about in his cage at night too.

Hope and Faith are up most of the night too. Different things for different buns I suppose!

Re: the OP, my two Frenchies freerange in the dining room 24/7 [there's no wires or anything for them to chew in there]. There's a 4x2ft hutch in there but it's just somewhere for me to dump the hay so it doesn't end up all over the room- they don't sleep in it.

[I don't know what Yuki is, but he's not a French Lop.]

Ive been off work for nearly two weeks Lyric is asleep usually between 12-4 has tea goes for another snooze them wakes up about 9-10pm and i put her to bed about 11pm but i hear her in the night usually around 3am

Crepuscular ? They are most active at dawn/duck but you do see them during the day/night too. I think mid afternoon is their favourite nap time.

CREPUSCULAR...that's it! *don't google anything to do with rabbit sleeping habits...:shock::shock:....wrong rabbits!*

Wild rabbits are 'crepuscular', which means they are awake in the hours just before dawn and after dusk, and sleep during the day and late at night. Many domestic rabbits take on the same habits. Others will take on the habits of their owners - if the owners are around from 5PM to bedtime, that's when the rabbit is awake. If they are available all day, the rabbits will sleep at night.

I guess it depends on the bun. :? :)

ETA: cross post with Tamsin...thanks!

I have 10 french lops they have 9ft x 6ft purpose built dog kennels and free range time in the gardens.

I remember when Winter used to keep me up for hours binkying around in her cage and rattling the water bottle for HOURS!
Ahh I miss her! :love:

I have a french lop bonded with an english lop....they have a 2 tier hutch,each level being 6ftx3ftx2ft and they have an attached 6ftx6ft run ,they also get free range in the garden.

I also have 2 french lopx british giants who are free range 24/7 in my 12ft x 10ft bedroom.

I cant bring myself to just leave him out that one time as we are in rented accomodation. What the chance he will destroy something in the house

Oh no, I don't miss being woken up at night, she was a terror!

First few days with Bluebell, and she'd thump half the night.....:shock::shock::shock:....AAAAAHHH! She's stopped now thank goodness. I'm going to try her with the cage open all night, see if she'll sleep in bed with me. She's REALLY anal about using her litter tray, so I might get a snuggly bun!

Back