• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

parsley choked :( U/D post 21

Thank you all for your support.
Parsley's lungs sound clear, and he has been put on a course of antibiotics as a precaution, as pneumonia is a high risk.
He also has metacam as his airways may be bruised and sore, and emperid to combat the stress he's been under, belly felt a little doughy.
The emergency vet had no clue what he was talking about.
He said Parsley had spurs, Madonna checked and there were no spurs.
He also said 'Rabbit's can't really properly vomit' hmm nope they can't do it at all matey.
Mused that the mucus that came up was caused by the choking but 'we wont really know' of course mucus will come out if he was choking..
And also advised that we withhold all food, including hay when we got home for at least an hour..
The guy seemed intimidated with my knowledge and kept waffling on the same pieces of info over and over.
M was not happy with this advice and the like, and is going to contact them, plus they never faxed over the treatment info, just glad I brought the invoice they gave me.
Oh and the guy made me feel like Parsley could choke again and there would literally be nothing we could do about it. Which upset me even more last night.
Needless to say as soon as we got in I sat in the kitchen with Parsley and Willow and gave him handfuls of hay at a time so I could moniter his eating, and he drank plenty of water, throat must've been so sore :(
Now to get some much needed sleep after being up all night. Buns are happy and had his meds.

Have only just seen this. How terrifying. :(

I'm so glad that Parsley is OK. I hope you manage to get some much needed rest now. xx

387707_490996854274061_1377844971_n.jpg

Feeling a lot better from last night. Eating hay and forage like nothing happened.
Time for meds, So thankful my cuddle bunny is still with us.
And I managed to get a couple of hours sleep so feel refreshed :)

Back