• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paddy keeps scratching his ears - U/D Back from vets

Errrrmmmmm....not sure :oops: I havent seen him do i dont think, but thats not to say that he hasnt

What would the shaking of the head mean? xx

They do that when they have ear mites, i think with ear mites they normally have a brown discharge in the ears, like coffee granules though :? I may be wrong.

Lets hope its just something thats irritated them, bless him. Will text you tomorrow to see how youve got on xXx

Well im back from the vets now and the vet couldnt see any mites/lice or anything wrong with Paddy's ears. She said that he's probably come into contact with something that's irritated them and because he started scratching them, he cant stop - like a viscious circle. She gave me some cream to rub on his ears twice a day, but me being the dozy mare that i am - left the cream on the reception counter at the vets :roll: I'll be going back in the morning to fetch it. The vet said that if it doesnt clear up in 5 days, then i need to take him back.

They also both had their VHD and a general check over while they were there (Teeth, ears, heart, eyes, belly) and they're both fine :D

They both behaved themselves which surprised me :shock: They sat nice and still for the vet and when the vet wasnt checking them over they both put their front paws up on me and we had a cuddle :love:

I'm glad it went well at the vets :)

Hopefully Paddy's ears will be all better in no time ... when mummy remembers to get his cream :lol:

Awwwh :love: Bless them :love:

Poor Paddy. Fingers crossed it will clear up soon, they must be so sore though. Hopefully the cream with soothe them for him :) xXx

Back