• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Owner to give up rabbits as green bin too small

Just the pooh, not the hay :) there's a technique to shimmying the bunny pooh from the top of the litter tray so the hay doesn't come with it, then if you shake the receprical you've put it into any little bit of hay come to the top and can be picked out...

Er.. even with that technique I prob get less than 50% of the acutally pooh my bunny does - but it's still a fair amount!

Hannah :D

Unfortunately I don't have the patience or energy to be doing all that :oops: Everything goes into the 'compost box' for the lotment compost bin apart from the newspaper.

It seems like she should have thought about this - and somehow she has been managing thus far. Likes lots of people said, advertise it for free for allotments or gardening.

My bunnies' litter tray uses newspaper, wood pulp, and hay. It goes into our own compost bin (you need 'brown' waste like paper/cardboard, etc for composting to work more efficiently) and also into black sacks. The black sacks get watered, closed, and put behind the shed to decompose - and then these will get worked into the garden. We also do this with our friends' chicken waste and coop straw (it needs to decompose for much longer though, as it is so nitrogen rich). It makes for amazing soil! I am sure she has somewhere out-of-the-way she can hide a few black sacks.

I've never thought to check if I could put it in our council green bin (garden waste)...

Back