• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outraged, upset......

I dont want either of them to get hurt. I would get more upset if either of them were bleeding, I dont care about me (other than the fact that it fecking hurts, thanks Winter!)

Grrr.

Why are buns such a pain??? I obviously dont make her very happy, she wasnt like this for Hetty. Ive never had a bun attack me :mad: Im off upstairs to make a new pen, words cant explain how hacked off I am.... I have to be up at 6 am.... :roll::roll: Bloody great at choosing their moments.....How am I going to get her up there?? Im not putting my hands in there!!

I dont want either of them to get hurt. I would get more upset if either of them were bleeding, I dont care about me (other than the fact that it fecking hurts, thanks Winter!)

Grrr.

Why are buns such a pain??? I obviously dont make her very happy, she wasnt like this for Hetty. Ive never had a bun attack me :mad: Im off upstairs to make a new pen, words cant explain how hacked off I am.... I have to be up at 6 am.... :roll::roll: Bloody great at choosing their moments.....How am I going to get her up there?? Im not putting my hands in there!!

Dont show her your scared ;) She will sense your scared of her, could you get her into a carrier? :)

Vikki's Indi bit my finger really badly, but i still went back and picked her up to cuddle her, i must be crazy :lol:

xXx

I'm still :oops::oops::oops::oops: about that, but its a good example coz Indi has NEVER had a go at me and is a total sweetie 99.9% of the time, it was the environment i.e. bonding that set her off. So Winter doesnt hate you, she's just unhappy right now.

If you cant safely get Winter out, can you remove Rimmi? either of them via a carrier?

Dont show her your scared ;) She will sense your scared of her, could you get her into a carrier? :)

Vikki's Indi bit my finger really badly, but i still went back and picked her up to cuddle her, i must be crazy :lol:

xXx

You must be so brave, shes only 1.1 kg and I would be less scared of a 4 stone dog right now.

I'm still :oops::oops::oops::oops: about that, but its a good example coz Indi has NEVER had a go at me and is a total sweetie 99.9% of the time, it was the environment i.e. bonding that set her off. So Winter doesnt hate you, she's just unhappy right now.

If you cant safely get Winter out, can you remove Rimmi? either of them via a carrier?

Rimmi is already out of that pen. I grabbed him when she was growling and chasing before any damage could be done, hes now in the hall way nomming hay out of the bag (not a plastic bag, dont worry) so now she cant see or smell him.

I obviously dont make her very happy, she wasnt like this for Hetty.

Please try not to start thinking like this, it won't help your long term relationship with her :cry: Are there other things that make you think she isn't happy, or is it the stress of the current situation making you think this? I don't think you can judge on a one-off; similarly if there are regular signs, maybe it's time to think if there are other things you can try...could be something as daft as showering and changing whenever you get home, changing your washing powder, deodorant or shampoo, to try and eliminate whether there is a particular thing that triggers her to act as if she is unhappy with you.

Hopefully though it's just a one-off situation that you will both calm down from xx

As this sounds like uncharactistic behavourier I would perhaps pop to the vets there might be something going on. Feel for you and hope they sort it out.

even though she has been done, it could be spring fever if no over health problems, rosie used to be like this every year and last year she really went for poor old mowgli, that i had to separate them for some time and reintroduce, she got soo bad he was petrified of sitting on the floor and sat on the bed with me, but rosie never went for me

I feel for you....I got my hand attacked and had to have stiches.The doe that did it was normally nice as pie, but this day she flew for me and sunk her teeth in.She then went on to attack her sister so we had to separate them.I have to wear gloves to touch her now! it is very easy to say "dont let her know your scared" I am scared it really hurt:lol:

The only time I have been badly bitten by one of my own bunnies (have had plenty of friendly nips :lol:) was when my hands smelled of cleaning products - I had just finished cleaning the bathroom and one of my little fluffy buns sunk his teeth into my hand and latched on :shock:

It doesn't mean she hates you, they don't think like people.

I feel for you....I got my hand attacked and had to have stiches.The doe that did it was normally nice as pie, but this day she flew for me and sunk her teeth in.She then went on to attack her sister so we had to separate them.I have to wear gloves to touch her now! it is very easy to say "dont let her know your scared" I am scared it really hurt:lol:

when i read this at first i thought it said " the doe that did this was nice in a pie" :lol: :lol:

on a serious note i really feel for you.......and i dont know that much to give advice but hang on in there. :)

I have a headache, and am nakered. Stayed up with the horrid things til gone 3am making sure they werent eating each other.

I dont know how shes feeling today, I have only just got back from school and I am so not putting my hand in there to let them out...

I have a headache, and am nakered. Stayed up with the horrid things til gone 3am making sure they werent eating each other.

I dont know how shes feeling today, I have only just got back from school and I am so not putting my hand in there to let them out...

:cry: are they back together??

Only just seen this - hope things will calm down from now on.
Bunnies are strange little things, who knows why she had a paddy last night?

She sounds much like Charlie Brown. He has bitten several people including me and charges around his pen with his tail in the air giving April what for but then calms down again after a bit. He was well and truely sat on when he bit me and wasn't impressed but he is as nice as pie when he is in your arms and sticks his nose under your chin for a cuddle (bit nerve wracking when you have been on the receiving end of the teeth) but she sounds very similar and just a territorial rabbit.

She sounds much like Charlie Brown. He has bitten several people including me and charges around his pen with his tail in the air giving April what for but then calms down again after a bit. He was well and truely sat on when he bit me and wasn't impressed but he is as nice as pie when he is in your arms and sticks his nose under your chin for a cuddle (bit nerve wracking when you have been on the receiving end of the teeth) but she sounds very similar and just a territorial rabbit.

Well, me no likey!!! All the kids today were asking me about it and I didnt want my buns to sound horrid so I said I caught it on something. :roll::roll:

My Abbey is going a bit mental like this at the moment, usually when there is food around, but she is really going for poor Nunzeo. Yesterday I had to nudge them apart with a stick (no way am I putting my hand in there when Abbs is in one of her moods), they were sort of ok after that, until next feed time. Spring fever really affects buns I reckon.

Please dont take offence, but it sounds like you have some unresolved resentment towards Winter for biting you. I know its horrible and shocking and unprovoked, and i can totally shake your confidence being with them and handling them, and whether or not they love you. But animals have weird reasons that we dont understand for acting the way they do, the dont reason it out they just respond to whatever happens at the time. And likewise they dont remember that they hurt or upset you. So as hard as it is, in terms of how you feel about her, try to pretend it never happened. If you're confident and loving towards her, she'll respond positively too.

Back