• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our short-term foster bunnies

Finished the run after 6yrs of it sitting around in our garden :lol:

E6SPZ0WXEAQUlpM

https://twitter.com/keletkezes/status/1415413861595942920/photo/1

Buttons is enjoying it :D Our bunnies will enjoy it later, he's road-testing it :D If a little bunny can't break it, hopefully our big bunnies can't either!

Hawthorn is up on Burrowed Hearts main page: https://www.burrowedheartsrescue.com/rabbits And he has a new pic on their FB: https://www.facebook.com/BurrowedHeartsRescue/photos/a.1274310962696108/3873031439490701/

Oh I'm so pleased both bunnies have bright futures, they're both adorable little bundles of friendliness :D

Buttons has been shredding his litter bag 'tunnel' overnight :) I realised that he had no shade now (he used to hide under the hutch he no longer has access to) so pegged etc. a sheet over. He doesn't have sun for long but long enough I need to fix it :)

E6a3X_3WEAUBA0e

https://twitter.com/keletkezes/status/1416020759621865483

He's off tomorrow down south! Getting professionally chauffeured by Graciee's OH ;P

Oh I'm so pleased both bunnies have bright futures, they're both adorable little bundles of friendliness :D

Buttons has been shredding his litter bag 'tunnel' overnight :) I realised that he had no shade now (he used to hide under the hutch he no longer has access to) so pegged etc. a sheet over. He doesn't have sun for long but long enough I need to fix it :)

E6a3X_3WEAUBA0e

He's off tomorrow down south! Getting professionally chauffeured by Graciee's OH ;P

soo exciting! Well done on getting the run up too

E6a3X_3WEAUBA0e

I'm actually a bit jealous, I've just realised Michael and Buttons will have the aircon in the car [emoji38]

I know, I keep telling him he'll be fine tomorrow [emoji38] He's coped really well in the heat so far TBH :)
Well his hutch is all clean and ready for him :D is it 2 weeks thats recommended for the hormones to chill out after neutering? I think I remember someone saying that, I might give him a week to chill and get to know us before bonding! I really hope they like each other [emoji7]

Well his hutch is all clean and ready for him :D is it 2 weeks thats recommended for the hormones to chill out after neutering? I think I remember someone saying that, I might give him a week to chill and get to know us before bonding! I really hope they like each other [emoji7]
Yeah, minimum 2wks. He's a lot less interested in the other bunny who's turned up (off Bunnies In Need FB, off to his foster home tomorrow afternoon) so there's definite progress! He's a food slave, not as much as Lopsy but getting there ;P Today he learned how to flop with his face still in food :D I said Lopsy would be proud :lol:

Yeah, minimum 2wks. He's a lot less interested in the other bunny who's turned up (off Bunnies In Need FB, off to his foster home tomorrow afternoon) so there's definite progress! He's a food slave, not as much as Lopsy but getting there ;P Today he learned how to flop with his face still in food :D I said Lopsy would be proud [emoji38]
Awh wow you're helping so many bunnies [emoji7]

He really sounds sweet [emoji38] I still can't believe we're getting a nethie... That's one type of bun I never thought we'd have [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I'm so used to big buns [emoji38]

He really sounds sweet [emoji38] I still can't believe we're getting a nethie... That's one type of bun I never thought we'd have [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I'm so used to big buns [emoji38]

there is nothing like a Nethie :love:

I had mostly nethies over the years and now only one of my four is a nethie.
Don't be fooled by their size. They have concentrated energy.
Sending lots of vibes for buttons.

100% second all the points about Nethies, he's only a cross but he's a lot of nethie :D My first bun was a Nethie and he was brilliant :D 1987-1998 ain't a bad innings ;P People say they're smaller and therefore easier to handle, but only people who've never had them! They're basically on all the drugs :lol: Attitude doesn't even begin to cover it, but all different attitudes :D

100% second all the points about Nethies, he's only a cross but he's a lot of nethie :D My first bun was a Nethie and he was brilliant :D 1987-1998 ain't a bad innings ;P People say they're smaller and therefore easier to handle, but only people who've never had them! They're basically on all the drugs [emoji38] Attitude doesn't even begin to cover it, but all different attitudes :D
Yea but even a large nethie cross is gunna be tiny to me [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] anything below 3kg and I'm like omgggg it's teeeenyyy [emoji38]

I had mostly nethies over the years and now only one of my four is a nethie.
Don't be fooled by their size. They have concentrated energy.
Sending lots of vibes for buttons.
[emoji38][emoji38] Concentrated energy sounds a bit scary [emoji38]

:lol:

it is an excellent description but dw, it is the cutest possible concentrated energy :)
Yeah, you know how cats are cute etc. but have concealed knives? It's all death stares and hyperactivity with nethies but the most adorable kind...

ETA although Buttons literally just after I posted that gave me a big shock by getting his head stuck in the hanging hay rack. He's got massively overexcited becasue I gave him a bit of food (a mint leaf) and I opened the top of the run to fill his hayrack (not that I had hay at ths point) and he poked his head right up through the hanging basket, so I moved away o discourage him (but encourage him the right way if that makes sense?) and told him he'd get his head stuck and then the dreadful scene unfolded in slowmotion. He's fine :thumb: I can't move the hayrack any higher or it'll be totally out of reach, there's nowhere else to put it and nowhere else to put hay :roll: It's because it's at an awkward angle. Plus he's been fine just eating out of it without poking his head in so far. Just need to make sure he doesn't get overexcited :roll:

Last edited:
100% second all the points about Nethies, he's only a cross but he's a lot of nethie :D My first bun was a Nethie and he was brilliant :D 1987-1998 ain't a bad innings ;P People say they're smaller and therefore easier to handle, but only people who've never had them! They're basically on all the drugs :lol: Attitude doesn't even begin to cover it, but all different attitudes :D

They should be easier to handle, and many are sweethearts, yet a resistant neathie can squirm and there is not much to grab onto: plus I don't hold mine as firmly as my other bunnies because he is so small.

Graciee,
I never had a bunny over 3kg, and the only one who came close was an obese mini rex cross who eventually 2kg.
My tiniest bunnies were Evan and Dash who weighed less than a kg each.

Back