• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our short-term foster bunnies

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
These are the bunnies from Freecycle, which prompted this post. They weren't exactly neglected, but they weren't well-kept :) What you might call 'average 1990s rabbit care' to be honest. Meet Oreo and Buttons: one of them was called Oreo but neither responded to it so we've gone with calling the blacker one Oreo, and Buttons for the other as it's a cutesy little 'sweet treat' name and he's spotty. Matt likes spotty animals that aren't 'normally' spotty, it started with 'that line' in the original West World film and he always points at the Excel bag bunny :lol: :D Buttons is basically a mini Excel bunny :lol:

Album: Google Photos or Facebook.

As you can see, Buttons has more space, so Oreo will be off to a rescue place first (he's due at Burrowed Hearts Friday evening :D). Booked for their first vaccs (my vets' still on two-vacc system) Friday afternoon. Kinda glad this is happening now during Covid so I don't have to handle stinky boys at the vets :lol: If no rescue place becomes available for Buttons we will neuter and rehome him ourselves, but he'll have a place here at least until our external works start :) Once he's vaccinated and neutered, if no rescue place or other home has become available to him, he'll be put up for adoption here etc. :)

Aww, they are very sweettt. :love: I love it :love: You really have a beautiful heart. :)

I hope it goes well at the vets this afternoon for their vaccs. And then it's farewell to Oreo, off to the rescue and hopefully soon a fantastic new home :love:

Thanks everyone, looking forward to giving Buttons more space from tomorrow.

Crikey, they like to dig don't they :shock:
Wild ones dig and scent mark at the borders of their territory, so they're doing the same :D But they also show off at each other while doing it, and they think if they make the holes deep enough they can get to the other one and kill a rival. Only 3 of the holes are in worrying places: one got 'bricked up', and the other two go into no-buns'-land (the bricked up one did too but was a bit more developed!). The rest are going into bricks or mesh or randomly in the middle. They're at least showing all the right bunny behaviours! :lol:

Just to let you know they got a clean bill of health at the vets and Oreo is now called Hawthorn and in his rescue place :thumb: Buttons has more lawn and a bigger overnight space; I'll post pics when I CBA :D

All bunnies here are now fully vaccinated :D Buttons is also booked for his castration (the same day as Lopsy vaccs coincidentally) although his situation might change in the meantime, as we've pretty much run out of lawn for him to eat and I can't fit much hay in his tiny covered area! We might be able to rig something up, especially if I can get the run meshed (now in its 6th year of not being done XD), otherwise we have options :)

Yay, lovely update, can I be cheeky and ask for photos? - not of the castration!
You can ask but it's become awkward for me to upload them since Google Photos stopped being totally free storage so I can't do it in 5mins and it takes more like 20 and I've got too much on 99% of the time! XD For example, I'm currently also playing a D&D game which takes me some attention every 5mins at least XD

You can ask but it's become awkward for me to upload them since Google Photos stopped being totally free storage so I can't do it in 5mins and it takes more like 20 and I've got too much on 99% of the time! XD For example, I'm currently also playing a D&D game which takes me some attention every 5mins at least XD

You sound mega busy, thank you for your reply though and enjoy your game :)

Back