• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our rescued rabbits have arrived!!!

the only thing about our new arrivals that has slightly bothered me is....

Peoples' reactions being so negative!

I excitedly told family and friends and got lectures back about "hard work" "vermin" "you'll learn the hard way"!! No one seemed that interested in the pictures I sent round.

I told my neighbour in case he decides to light fireworks etc, and he has 2 young boys, even he started going on about foxes and rats, without even asking their names etc..

glad I have this forum for support even though I dont know you guys

why are people so bah humbug and negative about 2 gorgeous innocent rabbits that we decided to rescue?:roll:

:wave: I'm pleased that you have rescued 2 gorgeous bunnies (I have a very soft spot for dutchies :love:) and that you are prepared to invest the time and energy to give them what they need and bring out the best in them.

But also, I'm equally glad that some people are now seeing pet bunnies in a realistic way i.e .hard work etc. That message needs to get out more so that any pet bunnies sold are truly wanted and not ones given up in a few months as they haven't lived up to expectations.

I have learnt who to talk bunny to and yes, that includes the good folk on here :wave:

Are you in the UK or elsewhere? And do you live in town or country? That can have and effect on the response you get to owning rabbits. And also, not every family is interested in pets. I know a few people (in their 40s) who have never owned a pet - even as a child - and just don't get it at all. They reckon that all they pets do is cost money and stop you being spontaneous - going away for the weekend, for eg.

And not everyone understands the attraction of rabbits - I didn't until I "rescued" mine. In France, the only use for a rabbit is for a stew so the fact I have two rabbits that I don't plan to eat is a cause of much head-scratching by my French neighbours.

So long as you enjoy your rabbits (not on a plate!) and you give them as good a life as you can, that's what matters. Not what other people think. Of course, as friends and family get to know Tommy and Sylvia they may understand why you love them. :love:

But also, I'm equally glad that some people are now seeing pet bunnies in a realistic way i.e .hard work etc. That message needs to get out more so that any pet bunnies sold are truly wanted and not ones given up in a few months as they haven't lived up to expectations.
Yes. :thumb:

Last edited:
both the last posts are so lovely, that's put a great spin on the negativity, I totally wasnt thinking of people being aware of the hard work, just of my own feelings being offended! So thanks people.

I live in the UK where people do have pets but it is a dog and cat country mainly..

Thrilled for you!! Lovely bunnies and the names,particularly Sylvie.Really pretty.

Stick around on here..youll get nothing but bunny chat and support.

Noserubs.xxx

Back