• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oscar has a Lump - Stitches removed and Vet very pleased!

I will be thinking of Oscar today. I really hope all goes well at the vets and that the prognosis is good. Hugs for you too, waiting for a vet to call for something like this is stressful.

Vet just phoned - Oscar is coming round and they think it was a tumour. They have managed to remove all of it and are sending it off for analysis. He is coming home later with a babygro on :love: Hopefully it will be benign and he can enjoy lots more time with Skye. He will need the stitches out in about 10-14 days. Many thanks for all your vibes. X

Fingers crossed the histology on the tumour does not cause concern. I hope he recovers well at home later.

The Vets said they were really pleased with him and he had eaten all his food. He starts on Metacam tomorrow. Will he be able to use the litter tray with a babygro on?

I don't know the answer to your question about the babygro, but I'm glad the removal went well. I hope the tumour was benign, too, and nothing to worry about. How good of him to have already eaten all his food. :love: Sending him lots more vibes for his recovery.

How wonderful that the surgery went well. Sending vibes his tumor is benign and he will have have many happy years with you.

Really pleased that the surgery went well, hope Oscar heals quickly, and hoping the results show nothing to worry about xxx

Went out to give Oscar his Metacam and he has removed his babygro! How on earth he has done it I don't know as it was really tight. I have phoned the Vets and they say he really should wear it for 10 days. I can try to get it back on or go into the Vets (45 mins on the bus) or wait to go to the local surgery tomorrow for them to put it back. The wound looks clean and just like a spay wound really which I have had hardly any problems with when a babygro hasn't been worn but I want to do the right thing. Suppose he removes it every night, there will be some time when the wound is exposed and I really don't know how you can stop him from wriggling out of it.

What a clever boy :) I think actually if it is just like a spay wound, I'd spend some time watching him to see if he is actually disturbing it.

If he keeps taking it off, it will be causing him more stress and may cause some secondary damage to the wound in the process. As long as he's leaving the wound alone, I would just keep an eye on him. Maybe distract him with more food?

Does the wound have external stitches? They may get chewed, and will catch on any dressing.

Oscar is doing well. The wound is dry and I am keeping his environment very clean. I have just spoken to the Vets and he is booked in to have the stitches out on the 17th. So, hopefully, nothing untoward will occur in the meantime.

Back