• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One bun passed away - new cage??

xRoxiex

New Kit
One of my lovely bunnies passed away on Monday whilst we were away, the other bun is still at the rabbit hotel until tomorrow...
We're moving house this weekend and once were settled we were buying them a new cage... Now I'm wondering if I should buy her a new cage now instead, as I'm worried coming back to her sisters scent will be upsetting for her, I know the whole flat will smell of her but would imagine it's pretty strong in there...

Or will losing her sister, getting a new cage and moving all be a bit too much all at once? She wouldn't be going to the new house until Sunday so would have a few days in it first...

Wish they were both just coming home and I wasn't having to ask this 😢

So sorry to hear about your wee bunny. Am also sorry I don't know what is best to do but would think a really good clean out should do it.

Back