• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! Bonded boys have smelt a female

Michelle28

New Kit
I have 2 fully neutered bonded brothers aged 2 and a half roughly. (I rescued them 9 months ago)
I went away for a week at Christmas and put them in a rabbit hotel to be looked after, they were in a shed, next to a single old female, they couldn't see her but obs smelt her!!
I collected them Thursday, they were fine Friday, but today Saturday, I have got up to them proper fighting 😥 I have had to separate them. What can I do?? Will they ever be happy together again? 😢

It sounds like the change in territory has upset the bond. You could try rebonding them in a small neutral territory where neither bunny has been before. You will need to watch them very carefully.

Agree with Zoobec. You will need to start the rebonding process from the very start and take it very slowly. Getting them back together isn’t impossible, but it could take a long time and a lot of hard work.

Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. The boys have been separated between wire, no toys, just food and water since Saturday 😔 I feel really mean. What advice do u have, as in next steps? Thank you 😊

Back