• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG OMG just got an email from TESCO

Maybe everyone that wrote or called in to complain could now do the same with some positive feedback and thank them for withdrawing it?

Well done for bringing the problem to everyones attention. Im delighted that our complaint letters and e mails had this result. It makes me feel as if Im not always banging my head against a wall.

I hate to rain on the parade but....

At the weekend, at the big tesco's near my mums i noticed that they we're reducing ALOT of the pet relatated stock....everything from pet beds, to hamster cages we're reducded down (the only thing i brought was a plastic cotainer for 50p to put my gerbils in when cleaning them out!).

I cant help but think, that although people power may have helped them, it isnt the sole cause for these awful hutches being pulled, it is more that they have to make way for new lines?!.

UPDATE: as you can see below, Tescos told me what was happening with the old stock. I asked for the address of where the old stock was going to be returned and they have given it to me:roll: It is as follows

UK HOMES 4 PETS LTD
Mashay Warehouse
Belchamp Road
LITTLE YELDHAM
Essex
CO9 4JY

Im going to see if I can get an email and then we can all e mail regarding what they are going to do with the old stock and give them links to rabbit welfare and size of hutches.

Previous email from Tescos

Thank you for your email and your patience while I have been awaiting the further information you requested.

I can advise that we will be returning the stock of rabbit hutches to the supplier. As they are Supplier Branded and not our own brand, the stock is the property of the supplier and we do not have control over what they then chooses to do with them.

I would like to reassure you that our Senior Buyer has discussed the specifications of the product at length with our Suppliers. They have made it very clear to our Suppliers that we have withdrawn the item from sale as the dimensions are small and the product is not fit for purpose.

Last edited:
Back