• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG. HELP. They are eating me out of hay and home!

I am, i was just curious, as to see if they were eating as much as others.

Since the bonding began, Biscuit is now eating twice as much hay as he was pre-bonding...:shock:

This can happen - hay eaters can teach lazy hay eaters to eat :D
Bonding and stress also uses up a lot of calories and with restricted space there isn't much else to do! It's great they are both eating so much - must be good tasty hay :thumb: Oh it's the Western Timothy? Mine like this one too :)

Ive found BOTH my babies in a bag of hay before.... only to realise that while they had been eating the treat hay, they had been peeing and pooing too, so the bag had to be thrown away! I was not happy, they are so devious at getting hold of things they arent meant to! Argh! :p

I am, i was just curious, as to see if they were eating as much as others.

Since the bonding began, Biscuit is now eating twice as much hay as he was pre-bonding...:shock:

Rimmi eats ALOT more hay since I got Winni, he wasnt really that fussed before, now they both go nuts for it whenever I put fresh stuff out! I try and put a handful into the litterbox as often as I can, they seem to prefer it fresh out of the bag.... :shock::lol:

aaah the pic is on my camera still but the last few nights Indiana has hopped onto the cat-carrier onto a box of files & into the hay bag which is what I transfer hay from the bale inside in! Honestly she is hilarious & its dangerous - at least I think so - but she just keeps doing it & hops away doing binkys all excited & if I move the hay bag she still goes up there anyway! Bless her though we then put another fresh handful of hay in the litter tray & away they happily munch!:lol::lol::lol: Its like "we ready for some more fresh hay!":lol::lol::love::love::love:

This can happen - hay eaters can teach lazy hay eaters to eat :D
Bonding and stress also uses up a lot of calories and with restricted space there isn't much else to do! It's great they are both eating so much - must be good tasty hay :thumb: Oh it's the Western Timothy? Mine like this one too :)

Thats the thing, its not!

Its cheap 'Bob Martin' Meadow Hay from Asda :lol: Thats what i use to line their litter tray and then put 'special hay' on top of that or in a hay rack (but not int he bonding pen).

I gave them Western Timothy from a sample bag i got from Animal Magic, they nom through that like its readigrass :shock:

So a hay-nomming wifebun could be what Spenser needs... Pity as there's not much chance of it at the moment, not least because he has a very independent nature and would I'm sure be difficult to bond. I must be sure to set my alarm so that I do the morning pellets from now on.

Back