• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG. HELP. They are eating me out of hay and home!

i always pictured south wales as farms, farms and more farms and fields as far as the eyes can see.. do you live in a city then to not see hay bales? :oops:

Close to Cardiff. I see the big things in fields - do people give them to their buns?? They are mahoosive! :shock:

Close to Cardiff. I see the big things in fields - do people give them to their buns?? They are mahoosive! :shock:

not the big round ones, Ste said the farmers keep them for their cattle, but if you find a place that does horse supplies youll find they sell square bales :D i put mine into a single duvet cover, pretty heavy (over 20kg) but they last a good 6 weeks

A bale of hay lasts my two about two months, Carlo taught Bobby to eat more hay :love:

Oh and I have tried all fancy hays and they aren't interested, they like the farmers hay which is green and smells nommy, there are lovely bits of herbs and weeds dried in too BONUS

A bale of hay lasts my two about two months, Carlo taught Bobby to eat more hay :love:

Oh and I have tried all fancy hays and they aren't interested, they like the farmers hay which is green and smells nommy, there are lovely bits of herbs and weeds dried in too BONUS

yeah mine too! :D:lol:
donnamt;4102084[B said:
]not the big round ones,[/B] Ste said the farmers keep them for their cattle, but if you find a place that does horse supplies youll find they sell square bales :D i put mine into a single duvet cover, pretty heavy (over 20kg) but they last a good 6 weeks

:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can you imagine getting that in your car!:lol::lol::lol:eek:r being delivered!:lol::lol::lol:

:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can you imagine getting that in your car!:lol::lol::lol:eek:r being delivered!:lol::lol::lol:

we saw a car the other day with two on a trailer.. i did wonder how they was going to get it out of the trailer at home :?

not the big round ones, Ste said the farmers keep them for their cattle, but if you find a place that does horse supplies youll find they sell square bales :D i put mine into a single duvet cover, pretty heavy (over 20kg) but they last a good 6 weeks

It's official - i'm a doofus!! :oops::oops:

Will have to clear out a shelving unit and see if i can find anywhere online.

:oops::lol: My mind did boggle! :lol::oops:

Gray could you share a bale with someone? Know anyone else nearby who has rabbits?

My four get through about one to two Megazorb sack's worth (uncompressed) a week. A bale lasts us about one and a half to two months. They LOVE their hay though, all of them, if they see you with the hay tub they shoot over to the litter tray. They almost go as crazy for fresh hay as they do pellets and greens.

Gray could you share a bale with someone? Know anyone else nearby who has rabbits?

My four get through about one to two Megazorb sack's worth (uncompressed) a week. A bale lasts us about one and a half to two months. They LOVE their hay though, all of them, if they see you with the hay tub they shoot over to the litter tray. They almost go as crazy for fresh hay as they do pellets and greens.

Ginger and Biccy do that but they jump IN the litter tray as i want to put fresh hay in, so they end up with a lot of it on their heads :roll:

I dont know anyone down this end, except for Amy104, but she lives still a fair distance away.

I do love to isolate myself eh? :)

Ginger and Biccy do that but they jump IN the litter tray as i want to put fresh hay in, so they end up with a lot of it on their heads :roll:

I dont know anyone down this end, except for Amy104, but she lives still a fair distance away.

I do love to isolate myself eh? :)

Oh yeah they do that too. I'm like 'where am I supposed to put the hay guys?'.

Yup. Then they reach up and steal the bag and pull it all in... :roll: LOL

Mini jumped in the tub today. :roll: I was holding Mischa, helping Dad sort his printer and walked back onto the landing and there's Mini helping herself to the hay when there's a clean, fresh litter box full with hay right next to it. :roll: Seems self-service is more preferable. :lol:

Mini jumped in the tub today. :roll: I was holding Mischa, helping Dad sort his printer and walked back onto the landing and there's Mini helping herself to the hay when there's a clean, fresh litter box full with hay right next to it. :roll: Seems self-service is more preferable. :lol:

21st02.jpg

'Nuff said.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: I have loads of pics like that too! From when I used to use bags.

And can I find any now? Of course not!

You should see the amount my two get through! :shock:

Just buy more hay! ;):lol: or send them out to work to pay for it! :p

:lol: I have loads of pics like that too! From when I used to use bags.

And can I find any now? Of course not!

That was literally, as i leaned into his pen base to put the FRESHLY CLEANED :)evil:) tray back in :lol:

and of course you can't, its called sods law.

You should see the amount my two get through! :shock:

Just buy more hay! ;):lol: or send them out to work to pay for it! :p

I am, i was just curious, as to see if they were eating as much as others.

Since the bonding began, Biscuit is now eating twice as much hay as he was pre-bonding...:shock:

Back