• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok fess up......where did your first bun come from?

I got my first bunny from pets at home adoption board

BUT in my defence I did go to the hiant rabbit rescue only for the lady to not let me have a bunny with no reason so i did try to do the right thing:oops:

I found Molly sat in the middle of the road outside my house. That was a great day for both of us I think. I rung around places, checked local ads, and nothing, so I kept her. :love: She has since taken over the entire household.

From a rescue
I decided to get a couple of rabbits and did some research.I came across this forum and had no idea how many were in rescue centres.
Only trouble is five years later and i keep getting more:shock::lol::lol::lol:

My first,Fluffy, came from a garden centre as a birthday present for me :shock::oops: I'd never had rabbits before so made lots of mistakes [fed on mix,didnt realise hay was part of the diet-thought it was for bedding,didnt have company for ages etc] Then he developed teeth problems [hardly surprising] and it was a wake up call for me.He was the most wonderful bunny,he went to the bridge on 28th November and even although we have 3 more bunnies now I still miss him :cry:

Charlie was my cousins who became bored of him
Princess was free to good home after allergies diagnosed
Autumn free to good home after family split up
Sophie was an accidental litter
Granite is a honeybunny
Cherry Blossom is a Rescue from Tameside, who was straying

No idea - my first one - was as a child. The only other one I have had is the one I have now - he is 17 months old and gorgoeus! He is from the local pat shop. :oops: His partner will be from Fat Fluffs - when I can get there!

both my buns are from a local pet shop :oops: looking back they werent very informative they sold me a guinea pig as company for my first bun :oops:. I didnt realise that there was so many bunnies in rescues, needless to say my next bunnies will be from a rescue :).

1st - P@H
2nd & 3rd - Garden Centre
4th - Backyard breeder
5th - Backyard breeder
6th - Auction (I didn't get him, a friend did).

And strangely, none of them have ever had a health problem :?

Milo was my first rabbit as an adult. I brought him from pets at home 5 years ago. He is the reason I became hooked on bunnies and so he helped 3 buns in need find their forever homes. :love:

Boris came from a friend of my mum's whose daughter's rabbits had an accidental litter and Bella is a rehome,initially bought from a petshop for somebody's kids.

I got two bunnies from a farm lady. She had a barn with rabbits and her daughter took care of them. (She had goats in the front yard).
When one died years later I bought another from a man on the side of the road (!) who was selling rabbits.
I too inquired at a rescue, but they weren't too keen on me because they are the "house rabbit society" and mine have to stay outside.
My sweet lop I saw in the pet store when I WENT IN TO BUY FISH FOOD. I had to have her. After thinking it over for three days, she was still there and I took her home.

My first bunny (actually MINE) was Phoebe!! :D He came from a petshop and im not ashamed of it, because I wouldnt swap my baba for all the bunnys in the world! he has an amazing personality and is a total mummas boy!

My first bun came from a pet shop. They had him in a 1' x 1' enclosure, and recommended me some great supplies. :roll:

But it sure made him a big fan of me when I gave him free run of the apartment! :D

Same here. Funnily enough I use NOTHING they recommended and they get on great. They were an impulse buy, but the best one I've ever made.

I got my first ever bunny from someone on my street, they didn't want him anymore and weren't willing to keep him in the mean-time whilst they searched for a new home for him, so my family took him on :)... he was called Rab. I think i was about 4years old though..so hmm don't know if that counts! ;)

After that I got rabbits from the local pet shop, however I got the bunnies that nobody wanted and they'd had for far too long, so they were all rather old. I got three rabbits this way all for free. Peter, Arthur and Rabbette:lol:. They were all lovely :love:

Then I'll admit I got my next bunny from Pets at Home, he was called Pepi, unfortunately he died within 10days of purchase, I only had him for 3 days, the other 7 he was at the vets. All the rabbits in the same pen as him also died due to a parasite found in their stomachs.:cry::cry: R.I.P Pepi.

Pets at Home gave me Lola for free after paying for all the vet bills and everything else.

Max I got from adoption when he was 9months.

Brian and Lenny were Pets at home :oops:

and my latest bunnykins that I'm off to pick up is Dougie, from adoption!:love:

I got my first bunny (Bugsy) when i was about 11 from my sisters in laws (not sure if they were breeding on purpose or an accidental litter)

And then we got Jose in June from P@H - her friend (or friends lol) will deffo be rescues :D

Again discounting childhood rabbits who seemed to 'appear from nowhere' (Dad)...

Molly was bought from a breeder, but wasn't an impulse buy. My OH and I decided we wanted to have a house bunny so went out and bought a book and read up on the subject. As a result we bought lots of nice chewy toys, rabbit-proofed the lounge bought pellets not mix etc etc. and thought we were doing the best thing buying from a 'breeder' where we could meet the mother and father rather than from a petshop - we had no idea that rabbit rescues even existed! :oops:

Can't regret it though cos we got Moll, our second two (and all further buns) were Fat Fluffs.

Lea

Back