• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh noooo Max is poorly :.( u/d back from vets

Good news about the crunchie. :D I'm working this afternoon, but I'll look out for an update later. :wave:

Just got back.
Typically he nibbled some hay just before we left but i took him anyway.
The vet couldnt find anything wrong. Theres no blockages, no gas, his guts are moving although his tummys empty. Teeth are fine and his temperatures normal, i reckon if wed gone a few hours ago it would have been low, we've had him wrapped up next to a heater.
He gave him a dose of metacloperamide to be on the safe side and some probiotics.
We've got him home and set him up as normal. He is one ANGRY bunny and is generally makung a nuisance of himself, which is great news. He just hopped into his litter tray and nibbled some more hay. No poos yet but i dont expect them for a while.
I am so frickin relieved, there was a moment there when he seemed to give up and I really thought i was gonna lose him. I shudda known he was way toi stubborn for that ;):D

What a mystery! But at least you know there are no blockages etc and that he just needs to get some food down him. does he like herbs? When mine have been off their food due to anaesthetics or stasis it's always been fresh herbs that have tempted them into nomming again. Hope he perks up properly soon xx

Just got back.
Typically he nibbled some hay just before we left but i took him anyway.
The vet couldnt find anything wrong. Theres no blockages, no gas, his guts are moving although his tummys empty. Teeth are fine and his temperatures normal, i reckon if wed gone a few hours ago it would have been low, we've had him wrapped up next to a heater.
He gave him a dose of metacloperamide to be on the safe side and some probiotics.
We've got him home and set him up as normal. He is one ANGRY bunny and is generally makung a nuisance of himself, which is great news. He just hopped into his litter tray and nibbled some more hay. No poos yet but i dont expect them for a while.
I am so frickin relieved, there was a moment there when he seemed to give up and I really thought i was gonna lose him. I shudda known he was way toi stubborn for that ;):D

Oh yes definitley, I think the time of day means they are so sleepy, and just want you to leave them alone. Looks like you got him over the worst of it before you got him to the vet.

I really would try and get some of that gut stimulant though, just in case he does it again on a sunday or something. :wave:

What a mystery! But at least you know there are no blockages etc and that he just needs to get some food down him. does he like herbs? When mine have been off their food due to anaesthetics or stasis it's always been fresh herbs that have tempted them into nomming again. Hope he perks up properly soon xx

Thankyou :wave:
Im thinking scoffing his pellets too fast this morning then going on an over zealous binky rampage gave him an upset tummy :roll:
Hes just done 5 poos that look fairly normal, if a touch smaller but to be expected :D
hes nibbling his hay again now aswell :love:
Shelly thankyou so much for the water advise and Graham thanks for the rice oven advise, I really think they brought him back to life :love::wave:

Oh yes definitley, I think the time of day means they are so sleepy, and just want you to leave them alone. Looks like you got him over the worst of it before you got him to the vet.

I really would try and get some of that gut stimulant though, just in case he does it again on a sunday or something. :wave:

i have some in the fridge but am afraid to give it until Ive had the all clear re blockages. Its good to have in case of emerhency though :)

Thankyou :wave:
Im thinking scoffing his pellets too fast this morning then going on an over zealous binky rampage gave him an upset tummy :roll:
Hes just done 5 poos that look fairly normal, if a touch smaller but to be expected :D
hes nibbling his hay again now aswell :love:
Shelly thankyou so much for the water advise and Graham thanks for the rice oven advise, I really think they brought him back to life :love::wave:

No problem, I don't know much about this sort of thing, just stuff that worked for me, :wave:

you can pick up so much from RU, but untill you are doing it first hand you know what's right for your bun.

i have some in the fridge but am afraid to give it until Ive had the all clear re blockages. Its good to have in case of emerhency though :)

Cool, I rang my emergency vet first and she said to give it a go.

I think I can (hopefully) confidently handle it if it happens again

:lol: He was so naughty at the vets, took me, the vet and his wife to hold him still :shock: All whilst I was telling them how poorly he has been :roll::lol:

Are you sure he isn't related to Bob's??

Carlo was so still and scared at the vets, she thought it was HIM that was poorly, whilst Bobby performed back flips :roll:

Cool, I rang my emergency vet first and she said to give it a go.

I think I can (hopefully) confidently handle it if it happens again

Yeh I hope I can too. Something similar but not as bad happened with Mimi a few months back and we got her backto normal without the vet.
But Max seemed sooo poorly and it reminded me of how Tilly was the day we lost her, so it completely freaked me and Ben out.
I cant tell you how ludicrously happy I am to see him looking bright again :love::love:
Thanks again hun, youve been an absolute star xxxxxxx

Are you sure he isn't related to Bob's??

Carlo was so still and scared at the vets, she thought it was HIM that was poorly, whilst Bobby performed back flips :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:
I felt like a right hypochondriac bunny mum, just kept saying well he WAS ill earlier :roll:

:lol: He was so naughty at the vets, took me, the vet and his wife to hold him still :shock: All whilst I was telling them how poorly he has been :roll::lol:

:shock: Max is fiesty. My buns are normally quiet. The only one was Nancy who once leapt about 10 foot or so across the room. Always held on to her after that.

:lol::lol::lol:
I felt like a right hypochondriac bunny mum, just kept saying well he WAS ill earlier :roll:

Unfortunately I think some vets think that anyway. My last vet never took me seriously. Certainly didn't want me bringing her back in on a Sunday night as an emergency.

Back