• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh noooo Max is poorly :.( u/d back from vets

Thanks guys, ive just syringed him some cooled boiled water and hes wrapped up snuggly.
Im freaking out though coz hes getting more and more lethargic, i think im going to have to rush him in.
Oh god oh god oh god

he will feel like just loafing when he feels like that. If you feel that he needs to be seen now, then do it definitley

he will feel like just loafing when he feels like that. If you feel that he needs to be seen now, then do it definitley

Oh i dont know :? I dont want to go early and have him waiting around in his carrier which will stress him out. But then I dont want to leave it too late :?
My hot water bottle is broken, is there anything else i can improvise with for now?

Oh i dont know :? I dont want to go early and have him waiting around in his carrier which will stress him out. But then I dont want to leave it too late :?
My hot water bottle is broken, is there anything else i can improvise with for now?

I think waiting will be okay to be honest, as he has eaten. It's just horrible having to wait.

I found Bobs like that at around 10.30 -11, and I didn't get seen till nearly three. You're doing great, you may have to just chase him around, which seems mean, but will help keep his tum going.

I am not an expert, but I got Bobby going the second time without the vet, it just took longer.

I know it feels awful but just keep him warm ,keep him moving and keep tring to tempt him. Have you got any Critical Care?

DO you have any rice in the house Gemma?

If so, fill a sock with some, then microwave it and put another sock over it. Makes an improvised heat source. I've done this before :wave:

DO you have any rice in the house Gemma?

If so, fill a sock with some, then microwave it and put another sock over it. Makes an improvised heat source. I've done this before :wave:

I havent got a damn microwave, can i put it in an oven?
Shelley yes i have some critical care, so if the vet says theres no blockage he'll be getting some.
One hour to go, feels like forever :(

Shelley yes i have some critical care, so if the vet says theres no blockage he'll be getting some.

Poor you. :cry: honestly you are doing just great, and remember, he has eaten this morning, so I am pretty sure all will be okay by this evening?

Just a question, did he get slightly more pelletts than usual?? because I think thats what went towards making Bob's slow down.

Does his tummy feel gassy?

I would think oven baking the rice for ~10 mins should do the same as a quick blast in the microwave?

Just put it in the sock AFTER its cooked instead, or you'll set light to the sock !

Sorry Max is feeling poorly, hopefully he will perk up quickly after the vet trip. Is he usually a bit dozey in the daytime anyway? That combined with not feeling so good might make him seem worse :?

Anyway, sending lots of vibes for him xx

Shelly- No he didnt have more pellets tgan usual, if anything he got slightly less as I cut down slightly when it gets warmer :?

Graham- thanks for confirming that i shouldnt put the sock in the oven, i would have burnt the flippin house down :oops:

Sorry Max is feeling poorly, hopefully he will perk up quickly after the vet trip. Is he usually a bit dozey in the daytime anyway? That combined with not feeling so good might make him seem worse :?

Anyway, sending lots of vibes for him xx

Thanks Debster, yes he is usually sleepy at this time of the day anyway.
He just seems so poorly, hes grinding his teeth now :(
Not long till vets now and rice is in the oven x

HE JUST ATE A FENUGREEK CRUNCHIE :D:D:D He was totally refusing even those an hour ago :D
He feels abit warmer and abit more 'with it' now aswell, but hes still very lethargic so am still anxious for the vets appt.
Its an improvement though however slight :love:
Btw thankyou so much for the vibes and advise, its such a comfort to have you guys when somethings wrong :love:

HE JUST ATE A FENUGREEK CRUNCHIE :D:D:D He was totally refusing even those an hour ago :D
He feels abit warmer and abit more 'with it' now aswell, but hes still very lethargic so am still anxious for the vets appt.
Its an improvement though however slight :love:
Btw thankyou so much for the vibes and advise, its such a comfort to have you guys when somethings wrong :love:

Aww Max, yeah I think you are right to still get him to the vet. I got Bob's to eat some dandelions leaf, aorund this time :shock::shock: How weird eh??

but still took her, but 6.30 she was normal as though nothing had happened

Aww Max, yeah I think you are right to still get him to the vet. I got Bob's to eat some dandelions leaf, aorund this time :shock::shock: How weird eh??

but still took her, but 6.30 she was normal as though nothing had happened

Hes gone all hunched and tooth grindy again, I wonder if its hurting him on the way down :?:(
Right going to go and get ready for the vets, wish us luck. I'll update when we get back :wave:

Back