• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh no!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks.my son is 3 and my daughter is 2.they try help me clean them out but find it funny chuck pellets everywhere so doesnt help realy.x:lol:

Babys are easy to afford because the goverment gives people with no jobs more money for every baby they have, plus a bigger house.
Pets are more difficult, but if you have the right benifit papers there are charities that will pay for your pets for you too. The pdsa in stoke town centre will give you free vet care Im sure.

thats a bit harsh. my sister had a bay at 18, she is now 28 and the girl is 10 years and she barley has any money at all. regardless of how much money the goverment give you its never enough and never easy

thats a bit harsh. my sister had a bay at 18, she is now 28 and the girl is 10 years and she barley has any money at all. regardless of how much money the goverment give you its never enough and never easy

benefits are only to bring people up to a basic level of income, it is enough to cover what are classed as essentials

I often moan that I have no money but working as a debt adviser for the citizens advice bureau each day gives me a good reality check.

Right now back onto the topic.

I am not having a go at anyone here but it does annoy me when people get pets but haven't actually thought about how they are going to care and look after them. I know someone who had a cat which has fleas for 6 months before I took matters into my own hands and got it sorted, they said they couldn't afford the drop thingys which cost me about £30 I think it was, I also know people whose cats have kittens more often than I have hot dinners and when I question it they say its too expensive to have kittens, arghh it makes me so angry, these poor kittens are just dumped on anyone who will have them and someone even said they would drown the next litter that was born as they didn't want them- fuming!!!!!

You shouldn't have them if you can't afford to provide everything they need. I have had to get both my rabbits jabs done this month which has meant that I can't buy books I need to work or to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I am happy to do that though as my rabbits come first.

I have spent an absolute fortune on my animals over the last few months but its worth it for the pleasure I get from them

Last edited:
I am not having a go at anyone here but it does annoy me when people get pets but haven't actually thought about how they are going to care and look after them. You shouldn't have them if you can't afford to provide everything they need.

I completely agree..owning an animal is not a right, to be blunt if you can't afford them you should not get them. I think Kim is probably doing the right thing rehoming one if she can't provide for them, although I would say she should rehome both, but it's a shame it had to come to this. Too many people get animals without thinking long term, especially when it comes to rehoming them when they get a new pet or have a baby :roll:

I agree too, to be honest i couldn't do it :( , it would be like giving one of my kids away! Some may think i'm over exaggerating but this is how *i personally* would feel :(

I am not having a go at anyone here but it does annoy me when people get pets but haven't actually thought about how they are going to care and look after them.

thats exactly what i was thinking only you've put it in a nicer way. i was frightened to say it incase i got jumped on :oops: im a strong believer in that if you cant afford a pet then dont get one. (none of that was aimed at you Kim x)

so i think Kim is doing the right thing by rehoming Charlie although i do want her to find the best home possible i cant help but worry about him being rehomed and being placed in a small hutch with his ears and the fact that he will be a large rabbit :?

I agree too, to be honest i couldn't do it :( , it would be like giving one of my kids away! Some may think i'm over exaggerating but this is how *i personally* would feel :(

I know people get themselves into difficult situations but apart from illness which leaves you unable to care for them I can't imagine ever giving them up. I think it's the difference between seeing an animal as a "pet" rather than part of the family :?

I know people get themselves into difficult situations but apart from illness which leaves you unable to care for them I can't imagine ever giving them up. I think it's the difference between seeing an animal as a "pet" rather than part of the family :?

I agree again, totally! :)

I agree. I could never give any of mine up, I'm struggling enough knowing I'm going to have to give my foster up.

I would never ever ever give any of my buns up!. My hubby doesn't even get a say in matters really.

I have 8 buns and 7 piggies here at the minute, I work full time and I have a child and cope with them all no problems. Cleaning out doesn't take long at all.
We plan to have a baby soon and in fact it'll be even better when I'm on Mat leave cos I'll be at home all day to see to the animals.

Kim, have you thought about switching the bedding so it doesn't take as long? There's cheaper products than shavings anyway. And shavings aren't very good for buns anyway.

Aren't you the person that has posted quite often about buns randomly dying or being killed or getting out and having babies and rehoming your buns then getting more...? :shock:

I think Kim has had problems with bunnies in the past. I think she is to be commended for holding up her hands and saying that she has taken on to much and needs to rehome Charlie, than allow him to not receive the best possible care. He needs to be vaccinated soon and I hope that a rescue will contact Kim behind the scenes and offer this English Lop a home as he will need to go to a homechecked and suitable home to take into account his special needs i.e. size, ears etc.

yes i did have issue with rabbits before but i am not discussing them anymore.i admitted i did wrong and sorted it.i am not on any type of benefits.my partner works.i didnt come on here to discuss on whether i should n shouldnt have brought rabbits etc im just looking for a home for charlie.

Kim has asked for help to rehome her rabbit, not for judgement.

Kim, PM SOAD or another mod and we will put up a post in RIN.

i think if im getting the right drif tthat kim is trying to do right by her rabbit. usrely that is a good thing?
do you think you would consider(to kim) giviing up both rabbits so they could be neutered and bonded togeter i know it would be heart breaking but then they would have a freind each and that you would have much less to worry about and would not have to think oh no i have not done the remaining bunnys vaccs and cause you more stress?or start thinking oh no he/she is lonely.....?
just thinkin as i know how mxyi can be my bun has nodular form at moment and she is within 6 months of last vaccs without vaccs she would be dead already and that would break my heart more.... not that i think what you are doing is wrong so dont take as critism... just wondered if them going together was an option or if you were decided on only homing charlie.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back