• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to the vets. Vibes for Violet please! U/D Admitted

I'm worried baby foods might have milk or something that might cause more stomach issues.. Are there some that are just veg or fruit?

There are plain pureed apple and pear ones.

Do they know what's caused his problem? Is he due more Metacam soon?

I hope you manage to find something he likes.

When mine are coming round from not eating they tend to like fresh things anf grass seems to be a hit (but I saw on your other thread he won't eat that), or fresh herbs, or dandelion leaves (we're just getting some fresh, new tiny ones in our garden, have you got any?).

There are plain pureed apple and pear ones.

Do they know what's caused his problem? Is he due more Metacam soon?

I hope you manage to find something he likes.

When mine are coming round from not eating they tend to like fresh things anf grass seems to be a hit (but I saw on your other thread he won't eat that), or fresh herbs, or dandelion leaves (we're just getting some fresh, new tiny ones in our garden, have you got any?).

They're assuming he hurt himself underneath :oops: And because he was in pain he stopped eating then gasses built up in his stomach and caused further pain. He's due more metacam around 8pm.

We might have herbs but if we do I haven't got a clue what any of them are :? I did find a few dandelions and left them with him but he didn't seem interested.

I'm gonna try oat porridge if that don't work, I'll have to send my parents off looking for baby food in the shop.

hipp organic do a first tastes range thats just veg or fruit, and you can get ones in squeezy foil packs that is just fruit and veg, its called rachels organic, Ive used them on rabbits and a little bearded dragon when they had problems

good luck, hope he comes through this x

They're assuming he hurt himself underneath :oops: And because he was in pain he stopped eating then gasses built up in his stomach and caused further pain. He's due more metacam around 8pm.

We might have herbs but if we do I haven't got a clue what any of them are :? I did find a few dandelions and left them with him but he didn't seem interested.

I'm gonna try oat porridge if that don't work, I'll have to send my parents off looking for baby food in the shop.

Hipp Organic apple and pear food is a favourite in my household. You can get it from most supermarkets. I hope it works. xx

I'm gonna get a load of stuff at sainsburys tomorrow :)

For folk who don't know him, this is Violet (last summer)

157_5284.jpg

I didn't see this thread yesterday. I hope he's improving now. He is a handsome boy :love:
I know I mentioned baby food earlier but If his problem is a gassy tummy it may be best to give it a miss anyway as the sugars in it may add to the problem. I'm assuming the vet has ruled out a problem with his urinary tract or bladder now? Is he weeing normally now do you know?

I didn't see this thread yesterday. I hope he's improving now. He is a handsome boy :love:
I know I mentioned baby food earlier but If his problem is a gassy tummy it may be best to give it a miss anyway as the sugars in it may add to the problem. I'm assuming the vet has ruled out a problem with his urinary tract or bladder now? Is he weeing normally now do you know?

He did have a sore winkle :oops: But he started drinking last night and pee all down me this morning :roll::lol: I haven't seen him drink or pee for the rest of the day though :? I have syringed him some water.

The vet said his stomach did feel swollen and gassy last night but felt normal by this morning.

He's been jumping in and out of a box of hay and seems to be moving around ok now.. Not sure what's going on.

Omg just seent his...i am sorry but id have a go at the vet for not expressing or catheterising his bladder.....i had a bun who got friction burns on the carpet from his plums and one who humped his upturned litter tray and got a bit swollen but he was off to be neutered anyway.

Did the vet give you al the usual meds or do you have any at home?

good ole infacol baby colic drops for getitng the wind down and thus helping the pain and bloating a bit. metaclopramide for appetite..metacam for pain but once a bun is that bad...vetergesic too. I dont mean to preach to the choir its just i know youve nursed and lost 2 buns this year to stasis and was wondering if you had any meds left. ive lost two buns to it..well one was diagnosed with kidney failure and at pm was told it was acute gut torsion/acute bloat:(

we had this feeding problem with merlin last time and he was in for a whole week..iv fluids....metacam....metaclopramide and oh yes nearly forgot...zantac as a few hours the gi tract ulcerates and goes on to make the pain worse and makes them stop eating even more..oh yes been there too many times:(

one of our buns refused syringe feeds..but when we made up the recovery stuff into a thick paste and put it on a saucer..hed lap it up:shock:

all i can do is send vibes and hugs....xx

I hope he's feeling better this morning. I didn't explain very well- I would keep an eye on the bladder issue- if his winkie is sore he may be unwilling or unable to pee normally- the peeing on you yesterday could have been 'overflow' xx

I forced some critical care down him around 3.30am then left him with Mai. When I came down at 7am he was drinking from his bowl and eat bits of hay :) I gave a small amount of critical care again and am hoping if I just leave him alone today (but obviously keep a close eye on him) he'll start eating more. I think my stressing and trying to force feed are upsetting him. I'm gonna buy lots of lovely food later and see what'll tempt him.

Hooray! Some good news! I'm so happy for you and Violet. I know he's not out of the woods yet but this must be a good sign! By the way, he looks a lot like a certain little chappie I'm hoping to adopt.. :D:D:D

I'm pleased to say he's had *little* nibbles at grass, hay and spring greens - not much but he's voluntarily eating bits :) I syringe fed this morning but haven't for the rest of the day because it's very stressful for him. I will give him a little syringe feed before bed.. But hopefully he'll eat more and more and his stomach will go back to normal. He's very happy to be reunited with Mai - kept them seperate yesterday to monitor his peeing/pooing but it was stressing him further, he's spent all day snuggled up to Mai :love:

Back