• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to the vets. Vibes for Violet please! U/D Admitted

It sounds as though he needs urgent catheterisation. His penis looks too swollen to retract back into the foreskin. This may be due to an injury or possibly due to infection and straining to urinate. Bladder sludge can lead to this. One of my Rabbits had to have an emergency GA and catheterisation as his bladder was about to rupture :cry:

If you cannot be CERTAIN that he can urinate then really he needs to be seen by a more competent Vet tonight.

Thank you for coming to our rescue! We didn't know enough.

Sorry to disappear had to rush back to the vets

Saw another vet who said his bladder/private area seems ok. Then they took him to be weighed and come back and said his stomach is swollen and as he's not eating or drinking he must be in stasis. They said I either take him home and try to feed him at home or have him admitted for treatment.. I've tried treating two stasis buns and had both die on me and I've never forgiven myself for not letting the vets treat them.

They told me that he might not survive but they'll do what they can. It's costing £250 + just to leave him overnight for syringe feeds. They're gonna call at 7am to tell me if he's survived the night, we signed papers to say they can put him to sleep if he deteriorates and can't be saved :cry:

I can't take this right now :cry: We've been through so much recently.

Please everyone send vibes for Violet, he's all alone in the vets and Mai is all alone in the shed :cry:

Oh no. :cry:
Am sending huge vibes, for Violet and Mai and for you...this must be so distressing. I do hope the overnight treatment sorts Violet out and he's more comfortable very soon.

The vet phoned early to say that he'd made it through the night, he's been drinking but still refusing food and not going to toilet. About an hour ago they phoned and said he's a little more active and we can take him home now but he needs metcam, metoclopramide and syringe feeds through the day.

I've just syringe fed a small amount, he's refusing to swallow so I can't really do anything. When I picked him up he pee'd down me :? I've put him back with Mai but seperated them with a puppy pen, so they can see/smell each other but I can moniter if he's pooping. He's nibble a bit of hay but he's not looking very happy :(

I need to go out at 3pm for about 2 hours but I don't know if it's safe to leave him???

Food munching and poo vibes needed :(

Nomming and pooing vibes coming from this direction. Hopefully you'll see some improvement before you have to go out.

Back