• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to the vets. Vibes for Violet please! U/D Admitted

I'm so glad he made it through the night. I think as long as you leave him with lots of tempting noms, a couple of hours alone might tempt him to eat if he's picking up on your stress? I know when mine are ill I tend to sit and stare at them, then they start eating as soon as my back is turned. I'm not an expert though. Sending lots of nomming and pooping vibes for Violet xx

He's done 3 tiny poos! He's due another syringe feed in a minute. I'm really hoping he'll start feeding himself soon.

I can't him to swallow any critical care :? He just drools it all back out. The vet said he needs around 0.10mls per feeding every 2 hours but he won't eat any :(

So glad that he made it through the night...was wondering how he got on.

Maybe ring the vet and see if they can offer any tips to get him to swallow the syringe feed? If they were able to do it successfully through the night they might have a suggestions about how they got him to take it. Just a thought.

Hope things continue to improve.

I can't him to swallow any critical care :? He just drools it all back out. The vet said he needs around 0.10mls per feeding every 2 hours but he won't eat any :(

try just a tiny bit, the smallest amount possible. See if he will swallow it rather than overloading his mouth. Sebastian used to just drool his out :roll:

Oh goodness charlie was a nightmare taking his, in the end we had to syringe feed him baby food, anything to get him to eat. xxx

I have tried tiny amounts but he just sits there with it in his mouth :roll:

Floppy done this when he had bloat at the weekend. I gave up and popped him on the floor, and he sat there and swallowed it. I had to feed him a little, and let him down to swallow, and give him more a short bit later. Maybe you could try that, just in case it works for you too.

Don't know why he wouldn't swallow when I had him on my knee :roll:.

Floppy done this when he had bloat at the weekend. I gave up and popped him on the floor, and he sat there and swallowed it. I had to feed him a little, and let him down to swallow, and give him more a short bit later. Maybe you could try that, just in case it works for you too.

Don't know why he wouldn't swallow when I had him on my knee :roll:.

Cos that would be too easy, bunnies like to make everything as difficult as possible :roll:

Could you try somthing he might prefer the taste of, like baby food there are some carrot or fruit ones.
Try massaging his troat to try and encourage him to swallow.
Poor you what a distressing time fof you, I wish you the best of luck with him.

Could you try somthing he might prefer the taste of, like baby food there are some carrot or fruit ones.
Try massaging his troat to try and encourage him to swallow.
Poor you what a distressing time fof you, I wish you the best of luck with him.

I'm worried baby foods might have milk or something that might cause more stomach issues.. Are there some that are just veg or fruit?

Back