• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nursing a bunny when you work

At the moment, it's not so bad because I'm living with my parents and my mum is pretty rabbit-savvy. She is quite capable of looking after the rabbits and giving medication.

When I move out, I think I'll either have to ask her to visit (if she can) or if I knew it would only be for a couple of days, pull a sickie.

I had to apply for compassionate leave when I needed a day off to take Snowdrop to FHB. I didnt get paid for it as they needed the money to pay for the supply teacher they had to get in to cover me.

I had to apply for compassionate leave when I needed a day off to take Snowdrop to FHB. I didnt get paid for it as they needed the money to pay for the supply teacher they had to get in to cover me.

I could try it but my school is really funny over things like that. One of my friends had a week off because his dad is dying and he was trying to get him into a hospice. He didn't get paid at all.

I don't think they would accept an ill rabbit as a reason to be off.

I could try it but my school is really funny over things like that. One of my friends had a week off because his dad is dying and he was trying to get him into a hospice. He didn't get paid at all.

I don't think they would accept an ill rabbit as a reason to be off.

I didnt expect mine to let me have to day off but I had to drive her to York and so it was a whole days job. I wouldnt be allowed a day off to stay with her if she was poorly though.

I am lucky that I have an understanding boss - the other day when Audrey stopped eating her breakfast I had the morning off to chase her about and get her appetite back and I went into work inthe afternoon. I am lucky too that I work flexi time so I could pop home whenever so I would have to just too and fro. If push came to shove though i would just use up my leave/lieu time or take time off without pay.....the animals come first.

xx

Back