• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Vaccine - When in March is it being released?

If a rabbit has had Myxo vaccination then it cannot have the dual vaccination, the dual vaccination will only be for bunnies who have never been vaccinated

I haven't been keeping full track of these threads but I'm sure it's been said that it's only the European live vaccination that might affect immunity, not our Nobivac on?

ETA: Nevermind I see it's already been covered, ignore me :lol:

Last edited:
Just seen that the vaccine is going out to surgeries this week. All research has been finished but the results are still to be released :wave:

OMG, that is a lot more than both of ours put together :(

It's more expensive than mine too. Although hopefully the price increase will be in proportion to the original price (ie. still around 1.5 times more).

Just to clarify Alison, do you mean that you paid 1.5 times the price of one vaccine? Or 1.5 x the price you would have paid for the 2?

It's more expensive than mine too. Although hopefully the price increase will be in proportion to the original price (ie. still around 1.5 times more).

Just to clarify Alison, do you mean that you paid 1.5 times the price of one vaccine? Or 1.5 x the price you would have paid for the 2?

I guess its cheaper in the long run as you don't need the booster myxi at 6 months but its still a lot to find in one go as we normally do myxi and VHD a month apart :(

That's about the price of a myxo vac and a vhd vac for us, so it would work out a third cheaper overall but then you've got the price of a six monthly checkup so it would probably work out about the same. If the vac gives better immunity though it would be worth it.

I guess its cheaper in the long run as you don't need the booster myxi at 6 months but its still a lot to find in one go as we normally do myxi and VHD a month apart :(

That's true - I wasn't thinking of the 6 mthly booster actually but I was just hoping it would be cheaper than paying for one myxi and one vhd. :oops: It's lucky I have just the two bunnies, so at least there's not so much money for me to find in one go.

Are your bunny vaccs spread throughout the year Liz, or do you do them in batches?

That's true - I wasn't thinking of the 6 mthly booster actually but I was just hoping it would be cheaper than paying for one myxi and one vhd. :oops: It's lucky I have just the two bunnies, so at least there's not so much money for me to find in one go.

Are your bunny vaccs spread throughout the year Liz, or do you do them in batches?

I try to get them as close together as possible but obviously some arrive at different times. So for 30 bunnies thats well over a £1000 in one go plus are regular vet bill for that month :(

Initially the RWAF said it would be the price of a single vaccination, but I think this price may well put new owners off :( Plenty of people just get there rabbit vaccinated for myxi for around £15, which obviously it is not ideal but better than not bothering to get any because its so expensive :?

One myxi vaccine was about £25 and 1 VHD similar, so 1.5 x 1 vaccines. OR an overall saving of 50% for 1 years vaccines. There are good discounts for several bunnies being vaccinated at sime time normally, so don't know whether to anticipate that or not. £38 did seem a bit :shock: but when I weighed up the cost of 3 it wasn't bad. Like Liz said though, if you are having several done at the same time....

Oh, and the receptionist told me of a practice across town that's charging £50 for one vaccine *gulp*

Last edited:
I am sure this has been asked and answered already, but the ones that are coming up for vaccinating are only due their myxi boosted, there is still 6 months left on VHD, so do they still have the combined one or wait :?

I took one in just now, his VHD is due in September so I just had the normal nobivac myxo vaccine. When they come round again in 6 months I would guess he will be swapped over onto the new one at that point, assuming the results of their testing show that everything works!

We pay £15 for Myxi and £18 for VHD, so I'll be gutted if the new one was more than them combined! I thought it would be around the £25 mark to be honest. :shock:

>_< I am sooooo confused about all of this....

I keep hearing from some that the dual vac wont work as well and may not protect properly if your buns have had the seperate vacs

or that you cant have it if your buns have had the seperate vac

or that your not properly protected against vhd with the dual vac...

Can anyone explain?

I try to get them as close together as possible but obviously some arrive at different times. So for 30 bunnies thats well over a £1000 in one go plus are regular vet bill for that month :(

Initially the RWAF said it would be the price of a single vaccination, but I think this price may well put new owners off :( Plenty of people just get there rabbit vaccinated for myxi for around £15, which obviously it is not ideal but better than not bothering to get any because its so expensive :?

*gulp* And there's me worrying about how I'll find an extra £20 or so. :shock:

One myxi vaccine was about £25 and 1 VHD similar, so 1.5 x 1 vaccines. OR an overall saving of 50% for 1 years vaccines. There are good discounts for several bunnies being vaccinated at sime time normally, so don't know whether to anticipate that or not. £38 did seem a bit :shock: but when I weighed up the cost of 3 it wasn't bad. Like Liz said though, if you are having several done at the same time....

Oh, and the receptionist told me of a practice across town that's charging £50 for one vaccine *gulp*

Thanks for clearing that up Alison; that's not so bad then. :D £50 though!! :shock: I can imagine that putting some people off. :?

>_< I am sooooo confused about all of this....

I keep hearing from some that the dual vac wont work as well and may not protect properly if your buns have had the seperate vacs

or that you cant have it if your buns have had the seperate vac

or that your not properly protected against vhd with the dual vac...

Can anyone explain?

There are some explanations earlier on in the thread. :D Or have you read them and still confused?

Back