• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Sections... your thoughts?

Would you like the following sections?

• Adult

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Young People

• Both

• Total voters
I like the idea of a 'rabbit chat' section, pulely for rabbity things that don't seem to fit anywhere else and one which is off topic so we can talk about (nearly) anything, like jobs, politics, foot fetishes(o_O), smoothies ect. But have a warning on the link like you wanted for the adult section.
I think it'll cause too much devide if we had adult and kids section.

animusuk said:
Something I've noticed recently is that there are a lot of names in the care section that I don't see anywhere else, mostly newcomers.
I wonder if they don't want to use general chat to talk about buns or they daren't because of the mass of topics and debates.
I like the idea of bun chat and o/t chat, it may help these newbies to use more of the forum and chat about their buns rather than just worrying about them in the care section?

Hiya, you have raised some very good points :) Thanks for your input :thumb:

SOAD said:
animusuk said:
Something I've noticed recently is that there are a lot of names in the care section that I don't see anywhere else, mostly newcomers.
I wonder if they don't want to use general chat to talk about buns or they daren't because of the mass of topics and debates.

Yeah I notice that too, I wonder if we come across cliquey (sp?)

To be blunt :!: I would say yes. I lurked on the forum for a while before I joined so I got a feel for what the forum and people were like. By doing that you start to feel that you know the regulars, but then when you actually join you realise that they know nothing about you, although you are familiar with who they are. Does that make sense?

It doesn't bother me that much, but I think others may be put off by it. Also, at the rate threads disappear of pages it can be hard to keep up if you don't log on for a few days :shock: Not everyone is as addicted as some of us - I know I for one spend far to much time on here :oops: :lol: even if I don't post as much as other people :lol:

Fairy Angel said:
even if I don't post as much as other people :lol:

Awww bless post more. I know what you mean though, somethimes if I have a few weeks of not posting, I come back and their seems to be a next generation of RU members and it takes a while to fit back in. It must be quite off putting if you're new :D .

Fairy Angel said:
To be blunt :!: I would say yes. I lurked on the forum for a while before I joined so I got a feel for what the forum and people were like. By doing that you start to feel that you know the regulars, but then when you actually join you realise that they know nothing about you, although you are familiar with who they are. Does that make sense?

/
I agree with this!! I lurked for a bit, then posted & no one answered for ages :shock: :oops: I felt awful!!! Then I posted in the introductions section, Phil answered (Thanks!!! :lol: ) & I felt 20 times better & have never looked back :D :lol:

Angie65 said:
Fairy Angel said:

/
I agree with this!! I lurked for a bit, then posted & no one answered for ages :shock: :oops: I felt awful!!! Then I posted in the introductions section, Phil answered (Thanks!!! :lol: ) & I felt 20 times better & have never looked back :D :lol:

I just checked out the day you joined and I can't believe that you only joined in october, I feel as if you've been around forever.

poll

I HAVE just voted 'neither'. It does surprise me at the young age of some members- maybe thats because i'm an older one at 49. I dont run a rescue but at present have 18 buns in my care and they have all come from previously unwanted homes or the R.S.P.C.A or latlely the Blue Cross.
Th age range on the forum doesnt worry me infact the more younger people become interested in caring for buns the right way surely the better for the buns.
T he point of returning to the forum after a few days away is a good one altho I dont check daily only if i've got a thread to follow that interests me.I like the way the other sections are at the moment so you can access them if particular knowledge is required.
Obviously some memebers are' clique' but theres nothing wrong in that, it holds the forum together in my opinion.
Long Live Rabbit Rehome.Keep up the good work
Lynne

SOAD said:
Yeah I notice that too, I wonder if we come across cliquey (sp?)

I wouldn't say that, everyone is just very friendly, and it's obvious that some people have been chatting on here for a while. I joined a year ago :shock: (can't believe it's that long!) and 'lurked' for a while. I just thought that everyone was very friendly, and that I'd like to be a part of it.

I think the RU is great as it is. Maybe one extra for off-topic chat. There are many more members now and lots more people posting, which I think is an absolute credit to Tamsin and Adele, and to all of the members.

I look at the extra section in a cost point of view. Knowing the extra section costs extra bandwidth, and this is a non-profit web site, I don't want to impose the extra bandwidth as it costs more money.

Besides, I have seen other web sites w/ Adult section bombs out, and causes web sites closed down because of it.

Squishy said:
Maybe a games section would be fun, we could all play forum games :lol: :lol:

Yes, that would be fun :D. But I would feel that we are drifting too far away from the Rabbits if we make all of these new sections (like games):?

xx

Happy Hopping said:
I look at the extra section in a cost point of view. Knowing the extra section costs extra bandwidth, and this is a non-profit web site, I don't want to impose the extra bandwidth as it costs more money.

Besides, I have seen other web sites w/ Adult section bombs out, and causes web sites closed down because of it.

It wouldn't though, because the extra sections are the equivalent of splitting up existing forums into smaller chunks to make the forum more user-friendly and to make it clearer what can be posted where.

Anyway, other than that, I think it's great as it is now!

The RU "regulars" did come off as a bit cliquey to me when I first joined, but I think it's just a natural thing, certain people gel with others in posts and as long as no-ones uneccesarily nasty then you just have to throw yourself into the conversation and hope someone replies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i sadly didnt get a chance to vote but i just wanted to say that you cant go by age but maturaty because i would be well annoyed if i was getting pushed out an adult board because of my age because i still understand what adults say etc...if that makes sense

I have an adult section on my forums and access is regulated by admin only. Only people we are sure are over 18 get in. Lets face it tho, you only have to type sex on google to get any image under the sun. Saying that tho this forum does not need to add an adult section. Its not really on topic with what this place is about, i like the set up just as it is.

Back