• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New here and need advice

tigerangel i will check on Friday when they go for their rabbit check, i hope i have it wrong! Not sure where the what size is there cage question came from lol but there indoor rabbits so soon they will have pretty much full roam of down stairs but there 'their area' is 8ft x7ft and 4ft high when closed off and a rabbit proof hall way thats 12ft x 6ft plus when cage is open :) Also they have a 9ft x 9ft run out the back attached to my daughters old playhouse all rabbit proof too ;)

It was a query as you said at the end of your post you would split the cage to section if off if necessary, I was wondering how big the cage was as if you were referring to one of the indoor houserabbit cages (the Ferplast type) then it wouldn’t be big enough for regular rabbits, giant breeds are a category all of their own :shock: but glad that you have sorted out a good sized area for your soon-to-be very big bunnies :D

I’m sorry that you feel people are grilling you, it’s really not the case, it helps us to ask questions on your setup and such to be able to give you the right kind of advice in return :wave: sometimes because of the nature of text over the internet it’s difficult to tell the tone of someone’s ‘voice’ and trying to guess their intentions by text alone is often very difficult. There was no grilling intended (at least not in my post) but since I missed off saying it the first time around, welcome to the forums :wave:

Not at all tigerangel i felt a little out of place before you even posted but i do know what you mean by the 'tone of voice' sort of chat and thanks for help :)

Thank Bunlover i did kind of get the unwelcome vistor feeling tbh :roll: however i'm delighted to tell you that the unloved bunnies in over 30 000 rescues.....none of them where in my area :D:D I waited 6mths to get the right rabbit for my children (mine really but don't tell them that) and phoned several centre's in this time looking for one but there were none. Wither or not i phoned enough places i do not know however i did phone several from Rabbit Rehome in the ayrshire area. Also as i mentioned earlier the person i got the rabbits from, this was there first litter its not like i bought them from a rabbit farm they were a reasonable price too so there not it it for the money either :oops:

tigerangel i will check on Friday when they go for their rabbit check, i hope i have it wrong! Not sure where the what size is there cage question came from lol but there indoor rabbits so soon they will have pretty much full roam of down stairs but there 'their area' is 8ft x7ft and 4ft high when closed off and a rabbit proof hall way thats 12ft x 6ft plus when cage is open :) Also they have a 9ft x 9ft run out the back attached to my daughters old playhouse all rabbit proof too ;)

I love the way you grill your new people lol least i know you care for the bunnies ;) I have found this website very good been having a good read over past few day (scared to post being new) but there has been no frightening stories thats made me NOT want bunnies.....i have down my homework well i hope! They will be dressed as soon as they can, checked by a vet friday, they get their 1st lot of inoculation jags next week, i know most of what to feed them (banana's were not in the book) but most important i know what NOT to feed them :)

wasnt trying to make you feel unwelcome hope my posts didnt come accross that way! its nice to hear you did try for a rescue bun to begin your search! and nice to know no giants needing a home in your area too, so difficult i know hen you have your heart set on a particular bunny type! i really do think you have a loverly home for them and that you genuinly care i wasnt trying to be difficult (so hard in txt!) jsut wanted to point out why you may have had teh "oh no breeder alert" vibe on here! its not you just the way most people are programmed i am not anti breeding providing the breeders are respectable and i know not all shows or bunyn temperments are bad for showing either, so hard to type what you mean on here.... anyhows good luck with them as i said before any bunyn lover is welcome here lots of piccys for us to ahh and coo over please!!! :)

Thought i would add a picture of Lily and Daisy. I have some of Ronnie too but can't really see the size difference in the photo's .
Both seemed very happy in their new home, i'm dying to give them big hugs but better let them get settled first :roll:
daisy and lily 8wks
DaisyAndLily.jpg
daisy munching greens
P1020025.jpg

they are stunning
from a experienced conti owner someone who has been keeping contis for 10 years !
dont panic the girls should be fine you may find they may never fight
does and bucks can live together unneutered ive never come across a bad conti yet ;) apple is the exception shes not bad just protective but the difference between a adverage rabbit bite and a conti bite, contis hurt !!! :lol:
keep handling them groom them dont let them be the boss and you will be fine
boys i find never usually get aggressive they are so soppy its the reason i love this breed they are amazing does get funny when they are in kit but ive only had that with apple thats her personality
as long as its been a good breeder you will have 2 cracking girls ;)
ill warn you they eat alot and do better on a pellet food a dog dish full each a day ! with loads of hay to keep them in tip top condition its best to buy food by the sack and cheaper i get my sacks of food for £8 a sack
watch the ears they are prone to ear mites i treat mine with ivomec every 6 mths that stop them getting them
train them to be used to been on their back makes it easier for grooming and nail cutting ;)
eventually you will find them doing this to help you out lol
rabbits038.jpg

rabbits037.jpg

Hello mummyb! :wave:

Those are beautiful bunnies and clearly going to have a life of being spoilt. I hope for many more pictures to come.

Back