• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

, new bunny arriving this morning/ It's Bad/ photos/ UD 18th july

I have just sat here and read all this thread dreading getting to the end and Oh I am so relieved that she has improved.

Bless her heart :cry: it's just sheer neglect how could they let her get in that state , I will never ever understand some people. :(

I'm sending Biscuit a skip load of healing Vibes and hope each new day will see her getting stronger and stronger xxxxxxx

How unbelievable that she was left and got into such bad health. It's good to know that small recovery may be possible and she can enjoy feeling love & comfort for the first time :love:

I have good news :)

Biscuit has seen both our physiotherapist and vet and she is still with us!

Sadly it seems that her disability is most likely due to neglect rather than a permanent problem. We had no idea from what we had told that the disability would be caused by this. We thought she was disabled from a health issue and the owner couldn't cope with the additional care needed not that she had been left to suffer so badly.

Her body is weak, she has no muscle at all. But in just the few days she has been with us we have seen improvement. Her front legs are now able to get her into a sitting position :)

She is also managing to keep herself clean underneath.

The bad news is she has infection in both ears. They were absolutely disgusting so hardly surprising. This may also be contributing to her balance issues.

She is on metacam, panacur and depocillin plus f10 for her flystrike wounds.

Obviously she is an elderly poorly rabbit but with some TLC we hope she can have a little bit of time pain free and in comfort. As she now has a new life we have changed her name to Gloria after Gloria Gaynor as she is determined to survive :)

I've got tears in my eyes reading this. So moving and lovely, despite all the hard work for you.

Love to Gloria - comfort in old age, and what a boon to have found you both x

Moving into her larger cage this morning

d647b67e29069640cb00666e61104aff.jpg

And getting some fresh air this evening

4c597d827bf9921a922807c07c94bceb.jpg

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Thank goodness she found you to take care of her! When I read your update it made me mad and sad. On the plus side, she was finally given up to people who will give her a good life.
Seeing her pictures shows me she is enjoying her new lease on life. God Bless you and your husband for taking on someone else's responsibility.

Oh Biscuit is beautiful and you're such an angel caring for her as well as all the other buns :love:

At least if you do have to make the sad decision of pts, this little one will have known love in her last few weeks. :love:

Just read through this, sounds like she is a wee fighter and is loving life a wee bit more in your care.

Sorry for not updating, i didn't want to take away from other issues on the forum

Gloria is not doing as well as we would like. Her ears and mites aren't really improving and she is really tired. When given the opportunity to walk she doesn;t really want to :(

But she is comfortable and seems to be happy just sleeping. I think she is just an elderly worn out bunny who has spent her life having to fight and now realises she doesn/t have to. Even if all we give her is a few safe, loved and pain free weeks before she hops off to the bridge it will be worth it.

Sorry for not updating, i didn't want to take away from other issues on the forum

Gloria is not doing as well as we would like. Her ears and mites aren't really improving and she is really tired. When given the opportunity to walk she doesn;t really want to :(

But she is comfortable and seems to be happy just sleeping. I think she is just an elderly worn out bunny who has spent her life having to fight and now realises she doesn/t have to. Even if all we give her is a few safe, loved and pain free weeks before she hops off to the bridge it will be worth it.
Oh bless you all. You are such lovely caring people x

Your last comment is exactly right. Poor little girl has suffered over the years & now she is just relaxing and enjoying comfort & love.

Hugs to you all for making her happy, you do an amazing job :love:

Amen to that.... You do a fabulous jib.. You have hearts of gold..

I hope she remains comfortable .. And happy..... Xxxxxx

Oh poor Gloria :( I'm sorry to hear she is not doing so well.
But she is in the perfect place to enjoy whatever time she has left, and feel loved. You are both angels in my book. :love:
Peace and contentment to Gloria and ((((((((((((((many hugs)))))))))))))) to you and Steve, Liz. Bless you. xxxxx

Oh bless her.:love:

Just glad shes able to relax and be comfortable at last.Whatever happens she will have experienced love and care in her life.

Thought it was time I did a little update.

Gloria is still with us. She still doesn;t walk but is doing OK :) Her ears are improving but we are still battling the mites. Her liver and kidney function are good and she keeps herself spotlessly clean. Which begs the question how on earth was she kept in order to get flystrike in the first place??!!

She is and elderly bunny so I don;t know how long she has, but at least now she has been with us long enough to hopefully have forgotten about her horrible previous life. This is what Rainbow Rabbits is all about :)

That really sounds like a lovely update, Liz. :love: You and Steve are amazing carers and the rabbits are so blessed to have you. :)
Please give Gloria a wee snuggle from me. I have gotten quite the soft spot for her. :) xxxxx

It is uplifting to know that rainbow rabbits has helped another bunny to know the love and care of people. She may still improve with time, and even if she does not make a lot of progress; she is happy and that is all anyone can ask of life.

Back