• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

, new bunny arriving this morning/ It's Bad/ photos/ UD 18th july

haha no chance of sleep. The minute I switched the lamp off she wiggled out of her bed got stuck, rattled the bars until I got up and then demanded I hold her in a standing position while she eats hay......
I agree with MimzMum: that's some moxie! :D Best of luck with it all.

More vibes for biscuit, hope she lets you have a full nights sleep sometime soon!!Xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I've just read this thread from the beginning & I must say she looks much improved from the 1st pics you posted. Well done for all your hard work, your love & determination to do the best for every rabbit that comes into your care is admirable.
I hope Angelica is doing well

haha no chance of sleep. The minute I switched the lamp off she wiggled out of her bed got stuck, rattled the bars until I got up and then demanded I hold her in a standing position while she eats hay......

This is hilarious! She's so awesome. I love that her spirit is still very much here and present- I guess that, if anything, is what will see her through this. Actually, she reminds me of Wish and her bunnitude.

Any update on Biscuit??

Am following her story daily - she looks a cutie and a fighter :love:

I have good news :)

Biscuit has seen both our physiotherapist and vet and she is still with us!

Sadly it seems that her disability is most likely due to neglect rather than a permanent problem. We had no idea from what we had told that the disability would be caused by this. We thought she was disabled from a health issue and the owner couldn't cope with the additional care needed not that she had been left to suffer so badly.

Her body is weak, she has no muscle at all. But in just the few days she has been with us we have seen improvement. Her front legs are now able to get her into a sitting position :)

She is also managing to keep herself clean underneath.

The bad news is she has infection in both ears. They were absolutely disgusting so hardly surprising. This may also be contributing to her balance issues.

She is on metacam, panacur and depocillin plus f10 for her flystrike wounds.

Obviously she is an elderly poorly rabbit but with some TLC we hope she can have a little bit of time pain free and in comfort. As she now has a new life we have changed her name to Gloria after Gloria Gaynor as she is determined to survive :)

Moving into her larger cage this morning

d647b67e29069640cb00666e61104aff.jpg

And getting some fresh air this evening

4c597d827bf9921a922807c07c94bceb.jpg

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

What a lucky girl that you found her in time! It's awful that her mobility problems were caused by her living conditions but she's in the best place for rehabilitation, and it's great she's making progress already. Her ears must have been so uncomfortable, and now they're being treated I have a feeling she'll go from strength to strength! :thumb:

Oh bless her, she's such a pretty girl.

Such a sad story but I'm sure with your love and care, Gloria's life will be a much better one from now on xx

Just read this whole post through and shed a few years for her. I hope she can gain more strength and continues to improve.

I have good news :)

Biscuit has seen both our physiotherapist and vet and she is still with us!

Sadly it seems that her disability is most likely due to neglect rather than a permanent problem. We had no idea from what we had told that the disability would be caused by this. We thought she was disabled from a health issue and the owner couldn't cope with the additional care needed not that she had been left to suffer so badly.

Her body is weak, she has no muscle at all. But in just the few days she has been with us we have seen improvement. Her front legs are now able to get her into a sitting position :)

She is also managing to keep herself clean underneath.

This is sad news and brilliant news all at once ... sad that someone has caused this but brilliant that there is hope for her :D

The bad news is she has infection in both ears. They were absolutely disgusting so hardly surprising. This may also be contributing to her balance issues.

She is on metacam, panacur and depocillin plus f10 for her flystrike wounds.

Her ears must be very sore, no wonder she looked so depressed in the first pictures :evil:

Obviously she is an elderly poorly rabbit but with some TLC we hope she can have a little bit of time pain free and in comfort.

As she now has a new life we have changed her name to Gloria after Gloria Gaynor as she is determined to survive :)

Love the new name :love:

Can't quite believe the change in her eyes from the first pictures! Thank you for caring

Hopefully treating her ears will help a great deal.

She obviously knows shes safe and being cared for and supported as there is more life in her eyes.

Thank you. She spends most of her day lying on her side but will do a few little hops with help in the garden in the evening.

I don't want to push her too hard at the moment as she is an old weak bunny fighting a nasty infection. But hopefully if we can get her a bit better in herself we can start to work on her mobility :)

Back