• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun not eating properly ...

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
... Sorry I know it's only my second post but I could really do with some help!

I got a new doubled maned lionhead bun, age 12weeks from a local breeder last Monday. I took time to discuss what the rabbits had been fed on etc etc. The breeder advised he'd been feeding them on traditional standard pet shop museli. Not what I really wanted to hear as my other bun is fed on pellets/lots of greens & hay.

However, I went to the local shop and got some museli, mixed it in with a tiny bit of the pellets I intend to feed him on eventually. Now to the problem, the new bun has a habbit of digging through the food and eating the tiniest bit of it. Literally just the seeds. Everything else just gets scattered across his cage.

I decided to get another type of museli, a Burgess one, this time I decided not to mix it in with the pellets. However, once again he's eaten literally nothing just thrown it around the cage. I've tried giving him greens, even the odd treat and it all gets sniffed at then left. He has eaten some timothy hay but I've noticed the colour of his poos is going a very light straw colour which worries me as well!

Other than him not eating though he's very lively and friendly. Stands up at the front of the cage to greet me and loves a cuddle. It's not like he's terrified? I'm so confused and REALLY don't know what to do!

Please help!

Sorry forgot to mention the food :oops: How much are you feeding? Perhaps reduce it and do stick with the pellets, which ones do you use? Have you tried SS? Not met a bunny yet that won't mob you for them !!

I've not seen SS anywhere! Although heard some very good things about it. The main place I get my supplies from is P@H just due to the fact that they're literally a five minute walk away from me.

At the moment I'm using the Burgess Excel, Archie can't seem to get enough of it and I've never had any sort of problems with getting him to feed. It's just Leo thats the fussy one! I can hear him now digging through his bowl as well!

Back