• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutral territory.....

Sounds as if it's going brilliantly :) Sounds as if they are both fairly accepting of the other bun without the need to fight, it looks as if it's more now just that they need to learn to trust each other. Hopefully after a while she'll settle more when she realises that nothing bad happens when he comes near her and she doesn't need to run away.

Keep at it, everything sounds perfectly normal :)

Gd evening

They are still doing the same!! No cuddles or anything yet!! She is growing in confidence and getting closer to him and letting him get closer to her before she runs. Does this all sound ok?

Sue
xx

Yep, all sounds perfect :) Just as with humans, it takes a while to build up trust and to learn to relax around each other. I'm sure it won't be too many more hours before you have some snuggles :D Remember that bonding properly takes a couple of weeks so this impasse is all perfectly normal and to be expected at the moment :)

sounds good to me, they will be a bit wary to start with but sounds brilliant there has been no aggression..

Stressful isnt it!!

Just remember dont move them or give them more space just yet... do they eat together?

They have shared a treat u know the ones which hook over the fence and that was fine, eating hay out of same bowl and rack at same time.

Does that all sound ok?

Should i be doing anything else?

Sue
xx

They have shared a treat u know the ones which hook over the fence and that was fine, eating hay out of same bowl and rack at same time.

Does that all sound ok?

Should i be doing anything else?

Sue
xx

Sounds brilliant - how much space have they got?

roughly 1m x 3m - in a funny shape though!!

Sue
xx

ok, I just wondered if they had a smaller space whether that would make them snuggle together?

I dont know though - Im no bonding expert - as ive been fretting about mine for the last few weeks :roll::lol:

If I am bonding I use a space about 2 x 5 foot which ensures that they have to interact with each other.

If it's a pretty small space they have no choice but to interact and will snuggle if feeling a bit scared. If it's a big space they will naturally seek out different corners. I found scattering food helped. It was a distraction and made them move around the pen a bit.

I also would pick them both up, hold them closely together on my knee and stroke them both alternately to mix up their scent. It sounds like it's going well though

Well the night went fine!

This morning they were still chasing a bit, but they were getting closer, he was giving her kisses for ten seconds before she ran off and him after her!! We think we have seen her give him kisses once but we are not 100% sure!!

They are currently laying in the sun and breeze, he is doing chicken legs and her head is laying on his legs - sound good?

We did make the pen slightly smaller this morning.

Giving them food is fine!!

Sue
xxxx

Sounds Great. Personally I would make the space smaller to make them share one litter tray so they aren't keeping to their own territorys within the space you have given them! Good luck!

Hi :wave::wave:

Thank you.

They are sharing one litter tray and water bowls, i have tried to make them share everything!! :love::love:

Just managed to get some pictures of them laying with each other, this time yesterday they were at different ends of the pen, today they are laying with each other!! :love::love::love:

Sue
xx

Wow sounds like its going really really well, congrats! :love: Its just a matter of getting to know eachother now :D
Would love to see some piccys ;)

Hi :wave::wave:

Thank you.

They are sharing one litter tray and water bowls, i have tried to make them share everything!! :love::love:

Just managed to get some pictures of them laying with each other, this time yesterday they were at different ends of the pen, today they are laying with each other!! :love::love::love:

Sue
xx

:wave: Sounds really good:D You must have nerves of steel:lol:

I have been a nervous wreck all weekend but so pleased its all ok, so far!!

There has been lots of kissing and little bit of snuggling!! :love::love::love::love:

Sue
xx

Back