• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need advice asap

Ahhh but did they tell them the circumstances in which they got her, and that there are ferrets in the area that could scare it? I doubt it. The wildlife sanctuary have probably had half the story as if I were them and I was told it was someone who found the baby whilst ferreting, I would want it away from them asap.

the ferrets are in there own hutches inside and so are socks and marble as they are house buns!!
cocoa the wildie is in massive hutch outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have no probs with ferrets around my pet buns they aint scared :censored:!!!!!

Why are you using 2 user names?

And why are you surprised at the reaction? You asked for advice, the advice was to take it to the sanctuary. As for the rest, we are all entitled to our opinions and mine is that people who kill wild rabbits for fun are not in a position to be offended by rescues who are appauled at the hypocracy of this situation.

i am not using 2 user names socksmarble is my 18yr old son who happens to live with me!!!!!

You have ferrets and rabbits indoors???? They can smell each other and the ferrets will try and get to a rabbit if they can smell it, and the rabbits will be frightened by the smell of the ferret.

I'm not going to look at this thread any more, I have given advice which is being ignored.

I'm also not convinced that this isn't a troll. Keeping ferrets inside a house...really? Honestly?

the ferrets are in there own hutches inside and so are socks and marble as they are house buns!!
cocoa the wildie is in massive hutch outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have no probs with ferrets around my pet buns they aint scared :censored:!!!!!

So you don't think this rabbit will be traumatised then? or bothered by the scent of ferrets on you?

Oh why am I bothering? Do whatever you want, you won't listen anyway.

we indeed to keep her till 12 week when she can be set free

Well if that's what your going to do I hope that you treat her like a wild bun in that time.
By that I mean No handling, No commercial rabbit food and No interaction from any household pets. I would only feed hay,grass and wild plants as that's what she will be going back to, water in a bowl and keep yourselves away from her so she stays scared of everything.
Then she may stand a chance when it comes for her to go but that's only if she survives being in captivity in the mean time.:(

Still think she should be at the Wildlife Sanctuary

Don't release her at any point though.

getting loads of different opinions about this!!!
will be ringing vet in the morning to get his opinion
if he is willing to treat her the same as my other 2 buns i WILL be keeping her
she will get the best we can afford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

getting loads of different opinions about this!!!
will be ringing vet in the morning to get his opinion
if he is willing to treat her the same as my other 2 buns i WILL be keeping her
she will get the best we can afford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No really, don't spoil the fun, release her then you can see if you can find her when ferreting and get the chance to murder her.

Yes, I know mods, I'm off before I'm banned, this makes me sick.

well i dont really get this?
why do you want to keep a wild rabbit? why not give it the sanctuary.
keeping rabbits and ferrets together.. not understanding at all.
sorry but after readin everything people have said, i agree with them.
its quite disgusting!
why ask for advice then dont bother listening anyway??
:censored::censored::censored:

if i had said i had found her in the middle of my garden you lot wouldnt have been dissing me like this!!!!!!!!
just because i told the truth im getting panned
all i want is some help!!!

we have the sanctuary on our side which says she is just as best off with us as she will be in captivity anyhows!!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for the advise and opinions

we have seek professional opinions

you are all entitled to your views

thanks so much

if you have hand reared baby buns before please pm me

if i had said i had found her in the middle of my garden you lot wouldnt have been dissing me like this!!!!!!!!
just because i told the truth im getting panned
all i want is some help!!!

we have the sanctuary on our side which says she is just as best off with us as she will be in captivity anyhows!!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they know you have ferrets in the house with your buns????

i didnt call them bad people.
i just dont agree with the killing of innocent animals.
thats my opinion.

''fish gotta swim, birds gotta eat'' finding nemo quote :lol: anyway im going out in a bit so lets not start that debate again.

Back