• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nala's Unwell! U/D -Back to Normal!!

Well she is pretty much the same but i have just had about half a dozen fairly normal looking poos left on the floor from her! oh and wee on the carpet!! There was a few strung together with fur and another large lump so lets hope its the start of things getting back to normal. I can still feel lumps in her tummy and its still pretty bubbly when i massage it but hopefully things are still moving now. Im still giving her regular infacol and She's still enjoying her Critical care paste.. altho ive nearly used it all up so soon it'll be mushed up A&P pellets. Im going to my parents in a mo for the night.. wont be back til tomorrow evenings so Nala is coming for the trip too... i'll update ya when we get back tomorrow.. fingers crossed there'll be even better news. Thanks for all the thoughts.

Hiya.. i was sooo excited this morning!! Woke up at 5am to feed her only to find her having a couple of pellets :D She hadnt had many so i still gave her some water, infacol and mushed up pellets.. she thanked me by weeing alll down my leg and on my bed!! eeww it stank!
Anyway when i got up at 7am i found there were loads of poos all over the floor of the pen :D :D I came home after lunch to syringe feed her again.. she'd had some veg and a few more pellets so didnt give her too much mush. I just got home again and went in to check on her to find her nibbling on some hay :D YAY! Not sure what to do tonight.. whether to put her in with the other two or keep her separate a bit longer as she hasnt done any more poops since i cleaned her out at 2.30pm. Also should i keep syringe feeding her or stop and see if she will start eating properly on her own now? Im worried that by syringe feeding her im filling her up and there for she wont eat on her own much. What do you think? Her tummy feels alot better but i can still feel lump of air or poop.. i dont really know what i can feel :oops: but i do feel alot happier about her

I'd hold off the syringe feeds now. A bit going in and a bit coming out is good news. If you can get her to eat some Dandelion leaves they may help as they are a natural laxative. Also trying to up her fluid intake by feeding veg very wet.
Is what you can feel in her guts moving at all or is it in the same place? I would be inclined to go back to the Vets if the 'mass' is not moving.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
I'd hold off the syringe feeds now. A bit going in and a bit coming out is good news. If you can get her to eat some Dandelion leaves they may help as they are a natural laxative. Also trying to up her fluid intake by feeding veg very wet.
Is what you can feel in her guts moving at all or is it in the same place? I would be inclined to go back to the Vets if the 'mass' is not moving.

Janex
Thanks Jane.. i dont have dandelion leaves at hand at the moment.. she's never had them before so i dunno if she will eat them but i'll see if i can find some in my garden tomorrow. I just caught her eating hay again :D ive had another pile of poos too :D
The masses i feel tend to start just under her ribs on her left side and move to a round ball on the right side.. then i loose touch with it.. not sure if its a gas bubble or poops :? She still seems a bit quiet and not that interested in pellets but at least she has pooed today. we are heading home about 10pm so will keep u updated til then.. doubt i will be on at all tomorrow as i have a 14hr shift.. gonna see if i can get home around lunchtime to check on her tho

Great news.. i put her to bed last night and she was munching on her veggies and a bit of hay.. i put a bowl of water with a little apple juice in it to get her to drink more.. and this morning she was very lively.. she has eaten her pellets as normal today and plenty of poos/wees.. only prob i have now is fifi has decided to play chasey with her at every opportunity at high speed which i dont think nala is impressed at! I guess Fifi has decided she's the boss now :roll: Simba on the other hand seems to think she's been gone a week and cant stop grooming her! aawww Nala is loving it! :love: But at least Nala is now back to her normal self hurray!! thanks for all the messages! :D

Back