• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Susie is gone :(

I've just read both threads..how heartbreaking and I'm gutted for you. :cry: So very sorry. :cry::cry::cry:
(((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))
Binky free beautiful Susie. Please keep watch on your mummeh and Neville from the Rainbow. xxxxxxxx

Just woken up and Neville was under my bed :(

I've been leaving the door open as the bunny room is next door. I've left a tray with hay and some water in the room too to keep him eating and drinking.

He and Susie would sometimes creep in and explore of they could but they'd never stay in the room... Bless him.

I hope he'll be ok when I go back to work tmro :(

Just woken up and Neville was under my bed :(

I've been leaving the door open as the bunny room is next door. I've left a tray with hay and some water in the room too to keep him eating and drinking.

He and Susie would sometimes creep in and explore of they could but they'd never stay in the room... Bless him.

I hope he'll be ok when I go back to work tmro :(

((((((hugs))))))))) :cry:

Wow. My old man hybrid hamster left us in his sleep :(

He was 2yrs 5 months and actually that's exactly how I wished for him to go. Safe and happy in his bed. Susie will take care of Emilio I hope x

He was 2yrs 5 months and actually that's exactly how I wished for him to go. Safe and happy in his bed. Susie will take care of Emilio I hope x

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: as you say at least he went peacefully. I'm sure Susie will take care of him xx

Oh no - I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost Susie :(:(:(

Sending hugs for you. I wish I could say something to help xxxxx

Binky free little one xxxxx

:cry: so terribly sorry, glad he lived to a good age, but sad that you have lost 2 precious pets :cry:

I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful Susie. You did your best for her. When I lost bobby I blamed myself too and struggled with feelings of guilt but you clearly did your best and susie knew she was loved by you xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

thank you everyone. this day at work is pretty tough - I didn't want to leave Neville. he had perked up a little bit though and finally accepted some nose rubs. I think he needed them. he stayed near me the whole time I was getting ready for work.

I know this is crazy - but last night I said my goodbyes to Susie and asked her to just let us know she was OK. I think I could've just been grieving but in the corner of my eye later that night, I saw a flash of black run into the kitchen. I know it was probably just my imagination. but it comforted me a bit.

Hi everyone,

Well, I burst out crying as soon as I got in from work. Guess a day holding it in can do that to you.

The house feels 'quiet' without her. I'm feeling her loss so strongly :(

I wanted to ask about Neville. He's been spending evenings downstairs where I am, well at a distance but in the same area and I've been spoiling him rotten with treats.
He's been spending nights in my bed room... I've even put a tray and water down just to make sure he keeps eating.

My Q is about their room. He creeps around in there as if he's scared? Also, the corner that Susie was wrapped in her fleece in - he creeps very slowly over to it and looks around the corner. Every time I've been in the room, he's done this. Should I start cleaning their things to remove scent now? He seems to be checking if she's in that corner - the last place he would've spent time with her :( and he looks distressed. He started pulling the carpet under there just now, which is something he doesn't do.

My heart is so heavy and seeing him like that really hurts. I almost want to get
Him a friend right now just to help him with his loneliness.

Hi everyone,

Well, I burst out crying as soon as I got in from work. Guess a day holding it in can do that to you.

The house feels 'quiet' without her. I'm feeling her loss so strongly :(

I wanted to ask about Neville. He's been spending evenings downstairs where I am, well at a distance but in the same area and I've been spoiling him rotten with treats.
He's been spending nights in my bed room... I've even put a tray and water down just to make sure he keeps eating.

My Q is about their room. He creeps around in there as if he's scared? Also, the corner that Susie was wrapped in her fleece in - he creeps very slowly over to it and looks around the corner. Every time I've been in the room, he's done this. Should I start cleaning their things to remove scent now? He seems to be checking if she's in that corner - the last place he would've spent time with her :( and he looks distressed. He started pulling the carpet under there just now, which is something he doesn't do.

My heart is so heavy and seeing him like that really hurts. I almost want to get

Him a friend right now just to help him with his loneliness.

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

Personally I would remove Susie's things now. I would provide Neville with some new toys too. Also, as hard as it will be try to start to act 'business as usual' around him. I know this is a million miles from how you are feeling, but try not to communicate too much of it to Neville.

A stable routine for him (regular feed times etc) will provide him with a sense of security.

Some Rabbits need a new friend relatively soon after a bereavement. Others need much more time to adjust. On very rare occasions a Rabbit may never want to live in the same space (enclosure/hutch/cage) as another Rabbit again. I have only seen this in one case over the last 18 years.

I really am so sorry that Susie could not get better :cry:

It's still early days for Neville to come to terms with not having Susie around. This time nexrt week I would like to bet he will be much brighter and will have become used to not having her there. As Jane says try to be normal for him, it's something you both have to adjust to and you have to be the stronger one. Take care!

It's still early days for Neville to come to terms with not having Susie around. This time nexrt week I would like to bet he will be much brighter and will have become used to not having her there. As Jane says try to be normal for him, it's something you both have to adjust to and you have to be the stronger one. Take care!

I've noticed he's happier when I'm happier and talking to him as normal.

I feel it's time to wash all the fleeces etc now. He has to stop looking for her.

Jane - thanks so much for your stellar advice. I know you're absolutely right.

Thanks everyone - I'm looking forward to smiling when I think of her - I know that will happen in time :)

Neville is binkying between the living room and hall way, after some treats and time in the garden. He learnt to pinch lavender from Susie and I'm glad to see he will carry it on in her honour :)

Back