• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my Mouseypie, cica 2011-March 2022

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
On what would have been her imaginary birthday, I offer a belated tribute to my gorgeous & funny girl

I found Betsy / Georgina in Camp Nibble's Hard to rehome section back in 2015. She was living in a group of resident dental rabbits but it wasn't working out too well for anybun; greedy girl was hoovering everything up left to tempt her pals :lol: She always did like her food:love: Betsy's previous owner suffered a fatal drug overdose, hence she was brought by the police to Camp Nibble in the Spring of 2013, complete with her accomodation (a tiny guinea pig cage). Although successfully adopted she was returned to rescue a year later, the stress of which made her ill with EC . By then she was thought to be 3-4 years.

Mousey when I saw your face & read your story I knew I had to have you, keep you safe & loved forever

Being a rabbit rabbit not a people rabbit bonding her to Joey & Boo started straight away. A week later we settled on her new name, Mouse (but she was a mistress of many names, like all the best bunnies are)

Sbwqhsol.jpg

She was a brave girl bonding to bossy Boo & she was a funny girl - I remember the glares & stomps if my hand even went near the spray bottle. Joey & Mouse found love instantly. Boo's acceptance had to be earned... it was.

In her first home with us

lounging
CFLNI06l.jpg

no6BuRxl.jpg

BJrge2Bl.jpg

gossiping

0CpESOUl.jpg

enjoying free range time

F8d1ANel.jpg

even a little dancing :love:

Drszqd6l.png

Lucky for Mousey her arrival in our lives coincided with my new obsession with foraging .

Mouse was the perfect size, when she lost her Camp Nibble holiday weight she was 2.8k with a the loveliest long legs & a crazy big dewlap.
I must apologise to Mousey as in the early days I think I worried too much resulting in many a vet visit. You were a tad bitey with the vets though you got better over the years. always though you'd leap off the consult in to my arms & I could make believe you loved me back. During lockdown i asked the vet to assign a nurse to play mum to Mousey in my absence.

At the vets you once did a poop so large & golden that she could do nothing but marvel at its size, the biggest she'd ever seen. You made me so proud :love:

Later we moved to Trawden, in to a freezing house - 3 bunnies & 2 people living in one room in a building site of a house. You seemed happy though,
looking after your cold & sad Joey (with Boobly bear in nurse mode too)
mWJtsSal.jpg

ezSM8cul.jpg

& generally doing your bunny thing

k2rFS4ol.jpg

laRktWyl.jpg

kDl6xhLl.jpg

wLs1Mnvl.jpg

You gained all your confidence from Joey & Boo & learnt to let me know when something wasn't right

KbbG0bul.jpg

mJ0wWndl.jpg

EUUfo4ql.jpg

IeKukiil.jpg

5aAVn32l.jpg

ZDv4THNl.jpg

wary at first, you learnt to like pot

9xjyys5l.jpg

LWFwJZtl.jpg

& you were pretty good at sploof coaching too

gBTpRv7l.jpg

VEQlfnll.jpg

& you got to have back yard adventures too

AAxIWihl.jpg

UJDuxiwl.jpg

Then i fell in love with a "lonely black bunny". Again you were a superstar bonding, the only bun I never needed to worry about as you were so clever & wise

4tq7DxFl.jpg

Ultimately though, it wasn't to be & we took the difficult decision to split you from J&B, consoling ourselves that Boo's bossiness might have been to much for your increasingly wonky self as the years went on.

So while Rudey was poorly, he made a great companion for Mousey in the disabled bunny lounge club. You were a pretty special bunny couple. You also got to be top bunny which was bloody hilarious

naZzQUzl.jpg

D4w7lycl.jpg

n31fyFCl.jpg

jDB18Kml.jpg

iCpmof4l.jpg

Rudey passed in May 2020. Your vet thought you too fragile to risk bonding. And so the last chapter of your life Mousey was living as an honourary rabbit, with just us for company :( I felt bad leaving you alone each night but during the days & evenings, we were pretty much always together. You needed loads of care, bum baths & groomies took hours, meds & massages . I'd always dreaded you needing hands on care but clever girlie learned not only to take it in her stride but to appreciate the care & reciprocate with groomies:love:

she really like hay cookies
IiynR5Ql.jpg

c5RxNPll.jpg

her forage
LJqfGY4l.jpg

her hay bonnets

3FWS2wEl.jpg

beds & home comforts

fW0nT1cl.jpg

AvDu9gUl.jpg

a year ago today trying out her birthday bed, it became a feeding bowl :lol:

lyiph65l.jpg

lets not forget the man spreading

LmwlFpFl.jpg

It was hard letting you go Mouseypie. You were so strong in spirit but so frail in body. I promised I'd never leave you & kept that promise

Thank you for being the most awesome rabbit & the best of friends :love: xx

What a wonderful tribute to a very special bunny. I enjoyed the captions on the photos and how they captured her personality.
There is no question she was smart as well as pretty, she chose you as her forever person.
It is wonderful that she appreciated all the care you provided during her senior years.
Sending gentle hugs.

A lovely tribute to a very special bunny :love: thinking of you as you remember her xx

Gorgeous Mouseypie :love: Such a brave girl. Also not to forget Mystic Mouse, who amazed us all with her insightful gems :love:

Absolutely beautiful tribute to a truly beautiful girl. I miss you too Mousie and hope you are having fun at the bridge with all your friends xx Big hugs J & B, I know it hurts xx

What a lovely tribute to my favourite Forum Bunny, like everyone else I miss Mouseys adventures
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Thank You everybun for loving my Mousey. She had the most beautiful & expressive face - she knew how to communicate (aka demand stuff) with just looks & body language. Petsmum she would have liked to meet you I think.

I miss my Mousey & I miss projecting through her :lol: she got loads of attention on the forum which she (I :lol:) liked & she did have her fun

On the RWSA thread
VDldyBUl.jpg

Out in the yard with Joe

NnsirbKl.jpg

& best of all, as Omi says, Mystic Mouse

BiAGhscl.jpg

The RWSA thread was my absolute favourite of all time. Mousey’s post with Joey was just genius.
Mousey would be so proud of such an emotional and moving tribute which was so beautiful. Mousey was such a huge character on here, and so many times it felt like she was writing the posts. You were blessed to have been given the honour to adopt her, and Mousey’s life was enriched and complete with the love your family and your rabbits have her. She led the perfect life with you. Bless you Mousey. You will always bring a tear to my eyes. Xx

Back