• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Scooby has died

Gosh so sorry for your loss. Pneumonia can come on very quickly my bunny went downhill and passed away within around 10 hours whilst I was at work after happily eating her breakfast in the morning. RIP gorgeous Scooby x

Thank you everyone. xx

Rachel looks to be coping OK. She is eating and pooing well. My vet says that Scooby died of acute pneumonia due to a suppressed immune system, probably connected to his GA dental last Sunday. He had a check up on Tuesday and his lungs sounded fine then, and his behaviour had been normal up until early on Thursday morning, so it was very quick to take a hold of him :( I asked about infection and Rachel and my vet doesn't consider Rachel to be at risk as she is fit and healthy. She thinks that taking Rachel in to be checked over as a precaution would be counter-productive due to her fearful nature. Catching her, the journey and then a large amount of handling would be very stressful for her and the stress could result in a compromised immune system, which we don't want. Our plan is for me to monitor her closely for the next 48 hours and if I notice any change in her eating, poos, behaviour etc, then I will get her straight to the vets.

I'm just trying to keep busy and not think too much.

I'm pleased to hear baby Rachel is doing ok, the brave little sweetheart. I hope that now she has known bunny love she will, when the time is right for you both, welcome another bunny in to her life. I think you & your vet have made the right call, no need to stress the poppet out on top of everything else

I'm so sorry to hear about Scooby, that's really sad and must have been such a shock for you. Binky free Scooby x

I am so sorry that I am very late in responding to this tragic news. I am sure that you are heartbroken :cry:

RIP Scooby xx

Back