• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little lad Charlie, UPDATE back from the vets

Just got back from Vets with Poppy and I am glad to say the syringe I took in with the sample in as shown no trace of blood so it looks like she as burst one of her vessels again (thank god). So we just have to see about Charlie tomorrow now.

just got back from the vets and basically I have a demic rabbit. His rear left leg is also deformed, the antibiotic cream I am using is doing the trick at keeping the infection at bay around the joints, so that is a good thing. It is just a case of sseing how we get on because the same would also apply to the hind leg (amputation) . The surgeon and myself do not want to go down this route at all.
It is quite possible due to the living accomodation he was living in (not having enough room to stretch and so forth) I think a 3ft hutch was mentioned when i got him.

kayj said:
just got back from the vets and basically I have a demic rabbit. His rear left leg is also deformed, the antibiotic cream I am using is doing the trick at keeping the infection at bay around the joints, so that is a good thing. It is just a case of sseing how we get on because the same would also apply to the hind leg (amputation) . The surgeon and myself do not want to go down this route at all.
It is quite possible due to the living accomodation he was living in (not having enough room to stretch and so forth) I think a 3ft hutch was mentioned when i got him.

Charlie's problems are so like my Victoria Meldrew's. I did not want to go down the 'amputation route' either.
Hopefully Charlie will remain comfortable, with infection kept at bay.

Janex

((hugs))

Poor Charlie..

It is really good news though that the ABx cream is keeping the infection at bay, hopefully he will carry on responding to that.

Jx

Back