• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little lad Charlie, UPDATE back from the vets

Kay, when Victoria Meldrew had the same problem I devised an anti-pressure dressing for her front feet. Rather like a large corn-pad. So the actual sore was not in contact with the ground. VM was very good and did not chew the dressings.
I wonder if it might be an option for your Charlie :? :?

Janex

It is a nightmare trying to bathe it and put his cream on I can tell you. He nips me kicks the water at me, but hey I wouldn't have him any other way and I really am thinking positive that this will do the trick, I don't care if I have to do this for the rest of his life I can put up with nips and salt water baths 3 x a day as long as we don't have to have the last resort.

kayj said:
It is a nightmare trying to bathe it and put his cream on I can tell you. He nips me kicks the water at me, but hey I wouldn't have him any other way and I really am thinking positive that this will do the trick, I don't care if I have to do this for the rest of his life I can put up with nips and salt water baths 3 x a day as long as we don't have to have the last resort.

Aww!! I think somebunnies got Mummy wrapped round his poorly little finger!! X

Becki, it isn't just him who as me wrapped around his little paw they all have :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kayj said:
Becki, it isn't just him who as me wrapped around his little paw they all have :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You think I dont know?! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Charlie may have a special little bond with his Mummy though :wink: (and who can blame him, Wouldnt mind having someone that besotted over me LMAO :lol: :lol: ) X

Ooo, poor Charlie. I hope it works for you too Kay, I know how much you love him and who can blame you, he's lovely. :love:

Awww thank you. Becki your right he is. He as sust the bathing and cream out now last night he went in his hutch (He never does that) and covered all four paws with newspaper and hay so I couldn't see them :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: So guess who was sat in his hutch with him :lol: :lol:

kayj said:
Awww thank you. Becki your right he is. He as sust the bathing and cream out now last night he went in his hutch (He never does that) and covered all four paws with newspaper and hay so I couldn't see them :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: So guess who was sat in his hutch with him :lol: :lol:
LOL! I can just picture him covering his paws up. Such a beautiful rabbit, I'm so glad he's with you Kay.

awwww only just seen this Kay, i wil keep everything crossed for your little boy - hope the treatment works :thumb:

I feel really bad, as I have only just noticed since I have been putting the cream on Charlie's front paw that he seems to have a swelling on his hind foot and pressure sores on the flat of his foot on the same side. I am putting the cream on I have for his front paw and will show the surgeon next week or do I make an appointment for this week.

Back