• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Inca has broken her toe in her front Paw - Update P34

Well Inca is still her usual self in my opinion. She honestly is not acting as if she is in pain, she is still eager to see me and eager for food.

I have been cleaning the abscess out at least twice a day and putting in honey. I managed to get a fair bit out today. She did make a wee noise when I got one huge bit of pus out, but then she was ok afterwards.

As long as she is acting normally and eager for food then I am of the thinking that the toe is not causing her too much grief.

Will just have to see how much I can get rid of the abscess. That's me been treating it for 4 days now.

I'm a big believer in animals being able to tell us how they feel through their behaviour, so i'd agree with you.

Sending more vibes and prayers that Inca recovers completely and quickly. ((((((((((((((((Inca))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((Huge hugs for you Kermit))))))))))))))))))) It's so hard treating them when they are a fidgety bun, but Inca sounds like a very patient patient. :)
You both must have a great bond. :love:

I've somehow completely missed all of this :( I'm sorry it wasn't better news from the vet. I hope Inca continues to put up with you poking and prodding(!) and that the abscess heals up soon! Glad she is still acting normally otherwise :)

How is little Inca doing now ?

I hope she is coping as well as possible

Morse says he has had good results with Manuka Honey for his abscess, which has now healed. But he says to make sure Inca knows to play on the need for extra treats even when poorly bits and bobs are mended.

Treats are ALWAYS essential- Morse says its in Part 1 sub-section A of Morse's Law :D

How is little Inca doing now ?

I hope she is coping as well as possible

Morse says he has had good results with Manuka Honey for his abscess, which has now healed. But he says to make sure Inca knows to play on the need for extra treats even when poorly bits and bobs are mended.

Treats are ALWAYS essential- Morse says its in Part 1 sub-section A of Morse's Law :D

No one would argue with a Morse!

I how she is still acting like her usual self, you know her do well you would know if she wasn't coping. Hippie the treatment is working.

Thanks Jane & Ali.

Her abscess is still filling up pretty quickly and I am getting a fair bit of pus out each time I clean it out (Twice a day). She lets me clean it but does pull her foot away at times when I must get a bit rough :(

She is still her usual self. Have ordered her some echinacea to see if it helps her any. I am willing to try anything that could help (within reason obviously! :))

Oh, and tell Morse that she does know how to get extra treats, she sits and glares at me when I am at the computer desk.....this either results in a treat or a wee cuddle on my knee. But Herbie is the sneakiest as he gets extra treats when he is not even not well!

How's Inca getting on? :wave:

Thanks for asking :)

She is still 100% her normal self, but I am still getting a fair bit of pus out of the abscess. She has the vet again tomorrow and I am hoping that he gives me more antibiotics for her. As he was a bit negative I am imagining him saying that I should just leave it, if that happens then I will be looking for another vet cos I know my Inca and she is definitely not phased by this abscess. If she wants to get on with things then why should some vet decide that she shouldn't!

Have you tried applying the abx directly into the abscess rather than orally?

Lou used this method on Lily's broken toe, mostly because the abx upset her tum and resulted in us having to postpone her amputation, but it cleared her abscess up a treat.

Thanks for asking :)

She is still 100% her normal self, but I am still getting a fair bit of pus out of the abscess. She has the vet again tomorrow and I am hoping that he gives me more antibiotics for her. As he was a bit negative I am imagining him saying that I should just leave it, if that happens then I will be looking for another vet cos I know my Inca and she is definitely not phased by this abscess. If she wants to get on with things then why should some vet decide that she shouldn't!

If your unhappy with your vet after tomorrow come see Madonna.
what time is your app tomorrow?
She really is a wee fighter and when I saw her I could tell she was so happy despite all her problems.
So if you feel you should keep going then I know you're 100% correct :)

Back