• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Inca has broken her toe in her front Paw - Update P34

Aw, poor Inca and poor you (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs for both of you)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
This manuka honey sounds like a Godsend. I have to find a way to have some here just in case I should need, it seems like it will cure just about anything!

I clipped Pip's back toenail down past the quick on accident about six months back or more and it bled like stink and looked like she'd caught it on something and had the whole nail bed ripped out. I waited and waited for it to grow back and it's only now come in, all twisty. :(
I felt terrible because she hobbled around on it and it obviously pained her a bit and I worried about the toe joint perhaps being affected. She's a bit podgy so she doesn't need foot troubles. :(

I hope Inca's toe will heal soon. xx

What about this?
http://www.amazon.com/Manuka-Health...&qid=1362640513&sr=1-10&keywords=manuka+honey

Cleaned out the abscess again this morning, got some more pus out and got some honey in :)

Vets open at 8.30am and I will hopefully get an appointment for later this afternoon. More holidays from work.

And to top things off today it's my Grandpas 4 year anniversary of him passing :(:(

Son of a gun. :shock:
Thank you Kermit, I would never have thought of looking for it at Amazon, I'd have expected it could only be found at some obscure specialty store! :lol:
I see reviews of people using it. :shock: I didn't think it could be applied to our health issues, I always thought it was just for use in rabbits!

Wishing you all the best for Inca's appointment today. ((((((((((((((vibes and hugs)))))))))))))))) xx I'll be thinking of you and will check back for updates. :)

Son of a gun. :shock:
Thank you Kermit, I would never have thought of looking for it at Amazon, I'd have expected it could only be found at some obscure specialty store! :lol:
I see reviews of people using it. :shock: I didn't think it could be applied to our health issues, I always thought it was just for use in rabbits!

Wishing you all the best for Inca's appointment today. ((((((((((((((vibes and hugs)))))))))))))))) xx I'll be thinking of you and will check back for updates. :)

Just make sure when you buy it you buy the highest graded stuff possible (UMF 25+ / MGO 550+)
K x

I hope all goes well for Inca :wave:

When I had Treacle years ago he had to have one of his toes operated on and part of it removed, he had a bit too much fun free ranging and cut it somehow and one of his nails ripped out. He was fine after his op :thumb:

Oh no poor Inca :(
I really hope they can fix the toe without resorting to amputation, poor little lady has so much to put up with already :(
Sending loads of vibes and huge (((HUGS))) for you on such a difficult day xxxxxxx

Well we have been to the vets and it is not so good.

She has 100% broken her toe and vet thinks abscess is probably from the break. Basically he was pretty negative tbh, saying that she has so many other things wrong with her and I should think about what I am putting her through.

I am devastated to say the least.

He got a fair bit of pus out of the abscess but there is still more in there I think, can feel it swollen up. Think it has spread a bit. As for her toe, well he said that he doesnt think that I should put Inca through an op to get it amputated.

So basically I have her home and I am trying to deal with the abscess buy washing it out, getting the pus out, putting Manuka honey in and injectible antibiotics.

He said that he would usually try to strap up the toe but he couldnt cos she has to let her abscess breathe and get cleaned out. But I have been thinking that it could easily be strapped to another toe....does anyone think that this could work? Am I better to leave the toe loose or am I better to tape it to the other toe? Could I do any harm doing this?

Well we have been to the vets and it is not so good.

She has 100% broken her toe and vet thinks abscess is probably from the break. Basically he was pretty negative tbh, saying that she has so many other things wrong with her and I should think about what I am putting her through.

I am devastated to say the least.

He got a fair bit of pus out of the abscess but there is still more in there I think, can feel it swollen up. Think it has spread a bit. As for her toe, well he said that he doesnt think that I should put Inca through an op to get it amputated.

So basically I have her home and I am trying to deal with the abscess buy washing it out, getting the pus out, putting Manuka honey in and injectible antibiotics.

He said that he would usually try to strap up the toe but he couldnt cos she has to let her abscess breathe and get cleaned out. But I have been thinking that it could easily be strapped to another toe....does anyone think that this could work? Am I better to leave the toe loose or am I better to tape it to the other toe? Could I do any harm doing this?

Oh goodness :cry:

Without being able to see the exact location of the abscess in relation to the toe it's hard to advise re strapping. If it could be done whilst still leaving the abscess exposed it might be less painful for her. But it may not ever heal if the bone/cartilage is infected

I am really sorry that the news is not good :cry:

I'm sorry the news isn't very positive.

I'm sure there must be a way around this....what other conditions is she dealing with?

Oh god, what a horrible situation for you and Inca :cry:

Is her toe bent right back? Like 90 degrees to what it should be? If so would you have to manipulate it to steal it to another toe?

Would you consider getting a second opinion from another vet?

Loads of vibes Hun xxx

If you imagine a hand as her paw, then the abscess hole is on the palm and the toe broken is the one next to the pinkie. It is not bend right back but is more like out of the socket if that makes sense, so it can be moved about and is sticking slightly up from her other toes. She doesn't flinch or anything when I move her toe. It is easy to secure it to the pinkie toe and I am thinking that I could with a bit of micropore tape and it would prevent it from catching on something.

I'll try my best to treat her but it is a sad time for me just now.

I am so sorry it's such bleak news.

How is Inca in herself? I guess only she can tell you if you are putting her through too much xxx

Back