• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My heart has broken into a million pieces

Vet wants to run bloods, unrine xrays and dentals. totals £270 :shock: but we all need to know her future and how to treat her.

Vets are being great, and phoning the insurance directly to see if they will approve it and pay them direct. also seeing head vet to see about installments

oh hun. it is so hard isn't it. and financially crippling at times. the vets sound like they are being really helpful though. hopefully you can sort out installments. i don't think they would say no and let her get worse. xxx

I agree with Jane...I think there is possibly something more serious going on. The fact that your vet commented on a smell coming from her mouth when she had a tooth extracted rang major alarm bells for me.

An x-ray is a good idea....but even if it shows elongated roots, or infection in the roots/bone, there's still no need to have her PTS...it's a wonder what long term abx and pain relief can do for a rabbit.

I've mentioned him before, but my Vernon has virtually no teeth left, and 2 abscesses on his jaw, but he's the happiest, liveliest rabbit you could ever hope to meet. As long as he has his antibiotic injection every other day, and his pellets are soaked he's absolutely fine. Everybody comments that you'd never know how poorly he is.

Lottielouise, I am so sorry that you are going through this with Cherry. Thinking of you and Cherry.

Starbuck had to have a little conscious dental last week - only took 5 minutes so dont know if it was a 'proper' dental. I dont know all the terms but the vet basically said it was to grind down some sharp bits (spurs?) on his molars. He was absolutely fine afterwards - his normal self and in fact better because he tucked straight in to his dinner which he wouldnt normally.

I hope that the various tests that Cherry has helps you all to know what to do for the best, and I hope that whatever it shows is something that can be treated and not too uncomfortable for her.

Best wishes
Helen

Just back, Xray showed nothing, just waiting on bloods and unrine tomorrow. They were great, pet plan have not rung back but they let me pay just the excess and the dental :) and to wait until they get back to sort out the rest :)

Hi, I believe this vet in Warrington does conscious dentals if that is an option (I do not use this practice myself but they were recommended).

http://www.willowsvetgroup.co.uk/cnt...erinary-Centre

Although one of mine has had conscious dentals successfully for the last 2 years, he has to have a GA next time for a more thorough one to make sure that they can get the ones at the back. FYI - I pay approx £15.

Just back, Xray showed nothing, just waiting on bloods and unrine tomorrow. They were great, pet plan have not rung back but they let me pay just the excess and the dental :) and to wait until they get back to sort out the rest :)

Good luck for tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time. :(

We have our fingers and paws crossed for little Cherry.

Sorry you and Cherry are having a hard time again :cry: Poor girly, she hasnt had much luck yet health wise, i really hope the bloods shed some light for you both. Thinking of you xXx

Back