• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My First Indoor Rabbit

I got my first rabbit when I was 8 years old. From then till I graduated high school I raised, bred, and shown Holland Lop rabbits with guidance and knowledge from 4-H and FFA. For mine and my husbands 2nd anniversary he got me a new baby bunny. Sucre is an 11 weeks old Holland Lop; he's curious, brave and very loving. Growing up the rabbits we raised lived in hutches in the rabbit barn. I decided I'd like to have Sucre be a house rabbit and after lots of persuasion my husband agreed (more like gave it). My husband has bonded and is enjoying Sucre as a house rabbit more than he expected he would. Sucre's cage is coming in the mail and is expected to get here later this week! In the meantime we have him in a gated off section about 3'x3'. Sucre is doing okay with potty training. He pees in his litter box but isn't quite grasping the pooping part. So any suggestions as far as that would be helpful :)

Welcome to RU tabithafields:wave: Hope you enjoy the forum. My rabbit is a houserabbit but not yet neutered, so the litter training is a bit hit and miss:roll:. I think this will improve after neutering (I hope):)

biggest step to litter training is to neuter the bun, then its repitition ie putting the poops back into the tray until he/she gets it! x

Back