• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Dougal bun has stasis :( U/D Tues 8pm :) pg 6

I know it's scary having him at the vets but I promise you it'll help. A while ago when my Millie was very ill with statis she was admitted to have fluids and I was so terrified, however when I got her home she was doing much better!

Sending you lots of vibes. Xx

He's still in. :(
No improvement overnight, infact his body temp dropped further. THey took X rays and discovered his entire intestine is distorted and distended dispite there being no blockage - its just stopped working. I think his megacolon has caught up with him. :cry:

THey are continueing with the pain relief, fluids, and metaclopromide (sp) but now started propulsid too. THey are giving him another 24 hours and then I have to make THE decision. :(:(:(

I'm just glad that Doris is with him.

Oh dear, I'm so sorry he is so bad. It sounds like the vets are doing everything they can for him.

Sending tonnes of (((vibes))) to you both.

I just went to visit him and took him some food and treats. Hes passed some waste, but its really no more than fluid with a bit of faecal matter in it. He smells, and they've bathed him because he messed himself. :(

On the board they've got him diagnosed as having bloat, but they haven't said this to me once.
THey say he's improving though, and I'm inclined to agree because he ate a little peice of carrot and some dandelion leaves that I took him, but no pellets or hay yet.
He's in another night and then we'll see I guess. :(

I just went to visit him and took him some food and treats. Hes passed some waste, but its really no more than fluid with a bit of faecal matter in it. He smells, and they've bathed him because he messed himself. :(

On the board they've got him diagnosed as having bloat, but they haven't said this to me once.
THey say he's improving though, and I'm inclined to agree because he ate a little peice of carrot and some dandelion leaves that I took him, but no pellets or hay yet.
He's in another night and then we'll see I guess. :(

Awww i really hope hes ok xx
Claude was poorly last night so i know how you feel,try to stay strong xx

Even just a little bit of food is good news .. . keep hoping and praying! Maybe everything was jus so bunged up with overfeeding and now the liquid is beginning to ease it through. If he is passing anything at all it means there is not a complete blockage or a gut twist (which is what my willow had).

Back