• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Daily Bunny Update

Again more assumptions. Can you see the cages in the photos? No. I've used parts of a cage that I found to bunny proof the hallways and kitchen and yes they were cleaned. The black dog create you see is in there outdoor summer. area which only Lamb Chop uses now as I said before I have had to separate Lamb Chop long ago. He has access to the living-room and part of the outside area which is secured.

Lucky and Lacey are fine together otherwise I wouldn't have put them back together. I spent 3 days re-bonding them before hand. Neither of them wanted top be alone.

The concern is the fact that Lacey is not spayed and whether Lucky has been neutered long enough to be infertile.

The concern is the fact that Lacey is not spayed and whether Lucky has been neutered long enough to be infertile.

I can see where you are coming from and I wouldn't just put them in together without giving it a thought. Lacey really wanted out of her enclosure and Lucky was becoming afraid on his own, so I slowly reintroduced them behind a barrier to start with and then I started to put them together under supervision and there were no issues and both bunnies seemed happier and if my bunnies are happy then I'm happy so after some more time I felt that there would be no problem them being together. Somebody who does youtube bunny videos said if would be better to put Lacey and Lucky together if there are no problems. Sometimes things don't have to be so black and white.

I can see where you are coming from and I wouldn't just put them in together without giving it a thought. Lacey really wanted out of her enclosure and Lucky was becoming afraid on his own, so I slowly reintroduced them behind a barrier to start with and then I started to put them together under supervision and there were no issues and both bunnies seemed happier and if my bunnies are happy then I'm happy so after some more time I felt that there would be no problem them being together. Somebody who does youtube bunny videos said if would be better to put Lacey and Lucky together if there are no problems. Sometimes things don't have to be so black and white.

So you are confident that Lucky has been neutered long enough to be infertile? The RWAF is an excellent source of information on all aspects of rabbit care.

So you are confident that Lucky has been neutered long enough to be infertile? The RWAF is an excellent source of information on all aspects of rabbit care.

100% I wouldn't have done it otherwise if there were any doubts. Neither have been displaying any mating behavior and they get along so perfectly.

On the 10 August you made a post on the thread I Think Lucky is Depressed saying that you still hadn't decided on which vet to use to get Lucky neutered.

If he was neutered at earliest say 13/8 he will still be fertile now. They stay fertile for 6-8 weeks after the op.

Last edited:
Somebody who does youtube bunny videos said if would be better to put Lacey and Lucky together if there are no problems. Sometimes things don't have to be so black and white.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of people out there putting content out on social media who don't actually know much about the subject they're talking about. I see it all the time with dog training, for example, and 'trainers' giving advice that's actually going to make issues worse. It's often hard to spot duff info, tbh, as they usually also very good at 'talking the talk' but some advice needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Apologies if anyone has already posted an actual link to the RWAF info on neutering but they're a long standing organisation with the most up to date, reliable info so it's worth a read (& states males can be fertile for up to 6 weeks post neuter). Some people have been lucky & got away with doing otherwise but it's important for individuals to consider really if & how they would cope if the female were to get pregnant (particularly at a young age).

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/medical/neutering/

There's lots to think about and I appreciate that you're trying to do what's best for your rabbits so I'm just giving you reliable info to help you make an informed choice.

It's not nice to see them potentially unhappy & a little stressed at the current living situation, I know. But sometimes we need to think of the long term - if you can hold out for a little longer, give Lucky time for fertility to drop out altogether and for his hormones to decide, the bond with Lacey is likely to be more successful. And, if she does become pregnant then, aside from the extra bunnies, it will also mean that Lucky will need to be split from Lacey again. And so you'll be back at square one essentially anyway.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Lord Trellis I don't know you, but all I can say is, you won't find any place that is more helpful with rabbits than RU. People here really help each other, it's really a help. Even though I'm miles away, I got so much help from here that I can never pay for it(I was living in Turkey until recently). The opinions and help here are very valuable believe me :)

I've got some bad news... Vets4Pets canceled my appointment because they are to busy and they said I have to re-book they said I could be waiting a month to be seen. I was so p ed off abut it I didn't post earlier so now the situation is getting a bit desperate because there are no flaming vets who can fit me in. I've been on the phone all day ringing about. So Lamb Chop once again has to wait for his neuter, at this rate I will be lucky to get an appointment by Christmas. There is another vet left to try and they are a cat vets but they might b able to see my bunny, its worth a shot at least then he can actually get neutered regardless of rabbit savvy vets because the situation now it getting to the point where any vet is better than nothing at all.

I've put 2000 pounds aside which is my pet fund. This should cover everything they need such as spaying and neutering and there next lot of vaccines.

I've got some bad news... Vets4Pets canceled my appointment because they are to busy and they said I have to re-book they said I could be waiting a month to be seen. I was so p ed off abut it I didn't post earlier so now the situation is getting a bit desperate because there are no flaming vets who can fit me in. I've been on the phone all day ringing about. So Lamb Chop once again has to wait for his neuter, at this rate I will be lucky to get an appointment by Christmas. There is another vet left to try and they are a cat vets but they might b able to see my bunny, its worth a shot at least then he can actually get neutered regardless of rabbit savvy vets because the situation now it getting to the point where any vet is better than nothing at all.

I've put 2000 pounds aside which is my pet fund. This should cover everything they need such as spaying and neutering and there next lot of vaccines.
Where about in London are you? I'm East and know a few places, but you might not be this way!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Vaccines are due once a year. As far as I know, there is only the triple one available (Myxomatosis, RHD1 & RHD2), all in one jab - so you shouldn't need any more vaccines for a while. The last ones I got were about £60.

Will Vets4Pets let you have a cancellation at short notice (like same day) for LC's neuter? Rabbits have the advantage that they are not starved the night before, so you can go at very short notice, assuming you are able to get there, of course. I would push the point that it is no longer a routine neuter as it's causing behavioural issues and you are being bitten / attacked by a hormonal rabbit.

I'm ok for this years vaccines but next year you never know I could have the same trouble trying to get them booked in.

I'll try Vets4Pets again and see what they say although I did argue with them that its an emergency but there argument was because its not life threatening its not classed as an emergency. I suppose I could try another branch further out if they can't give me an urgent appointment. I will call them and see what they say.

I miss having Lamb Chop out its like his personalty has gone and just want him back to himself again. Me and Lamb Chop used to hang out on the couch a lot and he'd jump up and lick my face and my head and run around back and forth doing binkies and he loved his head strokes. I had quite a task trying to remove his litter box to empty it yesterday,.

It should be easier to get next year's vaccinations sorted - you now have the rabbits registered at the vet, you know when the vaccs are due & you can book it well in advance (assuming there isn't a vaccine shortage again). New customers have had it tough this year as many vets were not taking on new customers

There are vets on every high street in London and a male rabbit castration should be a fairly routine operation by now. This one in Cricklewood is very good - neutered two of my rabbits with no problems.

https://www.amcvetlondon.co.uk/

Last edited:
It should be easier to get next year's vaccinations sorted - you now have the rabbits registered at the vet, you know when the vaccs are due & you can book it well in advance (assuming there isn't a vaccine shortage again). New customers have had it tough this year as many vets were not taking on new customers

I dunno There is always something happening. Things generally get worse as time goes by.

There are vets on every high street in London and a male rabbit castration should be a fairly routine operation by now. This one in Cricklewood is very good - neutered two of my rabbits with no problems.

https://www.amcvetlondon.co.uk/

How much did you pay? :shock:

I tried them and I got told a neutering will be between 250 & 300 pounds, bearing in mind that is just the neutering and not just that but they can't fit me in until the beginning of December. Are they having a laugh or what?

Back